how do even overclock to begin with? I'm a big noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

boogey

Baseband Member
Like if you open a million limewire's, will that make the computer overclock? Or do you have to open up a program, then turn on the overclocking to allow the stuff to overclock? Help a noob out.

o_O
Beginners Guides: Overclocking the CPU, Motherboard and Memory - PCSTATS.com

You go into the computer BIOS and carefully increase certain values (FSB, voltages) that can speed up your hardware. Your Front Side Bus (FSB) directly affects processor speed. It is the main thing you have to increase. Along with that is the CPU voltage, i.e. how much juice is being fed to the CPU. In order for it to run faster, it needs more juice (depending on how Much faster).
You have to be careful with voltages. I suggest reading a few overclocking guides to get a basic understanding.

Thanks, didn't even see that guide.

After reading that, I realize I don't do anything to have to overclock my computer. Other then 3dMarks and stuff like that to show off to my brother. Might try overclocking my computer I'll build, for ****'s and giggles.

Thanks, didn't even see that guide.

After reading that, I realize I don't do anything to have to overclock my computer. Other then 3dMarks and stuff like that to show off to my brother. Might try overclocking my computer I'll build, for ****'s and giggles.

What's your computer's specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom