Mozilla Says Firefox Flaw Could Lead To Data Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
what anti-virus do u sergest and what firewall do you servest? and i only use more than one pc caus i can, i dont keep any of that **** on my pc, im more afraid to lose my songs than anything else, but i dont keep any of the card numbers or anything on my pc, thats just pure stupid, also i dont use the save password setting. also, you seem like you know alot about pc's and laptops, so do you think u can help with my laptop? im in dire need of help with my sound on it, i made a thread "Acer Aspire 4710Z - couple of problems" i really need the sound and webcam going, thats it, the rest doesnt really matter at the moment.

Grammar pl0x?

Anyway...

Antivirus: Nod32, Kaspersky, Avast! or AVG
Firewall: I use Comodo Free Firewall, and it's been pretty good. if you have a firewall built into your router, that's even better.

awesome, i use cyberdefender and comodo, but i might start using avg again, im sick of all the sh-- that cyberdefender doesnt catch.

There hasn't been a Firefox update in weeks maybe months!!!! Usually they update once a week. I knew something was up. They have a big problem to fix. I have herd a lot of issues with firefox lately. I acctually went back to IE about a month ago or so because thngs I was hearing.

Wait, so if you bought something online using mozilla firefox losers can get your info? I looked at one sentence of it. Someone please tell me. I have no important info stored in microsoft word or anything.

There hasn't been a Firefox update in weeks maybe months!!!! Usually they update once a week. I knew something was up. They have a big problem to fix. I have herd a lot of issues with firefox lately. I acctually went back to IE about a month ago or so because thngs I was hearing.

so you trade in your kitchen faucet, the one that let one drip of water come out for one that has broken pipes all the way to the sewer line?

Me, I would had put in a new washer (fixed it) on the first one

There hasn't been an update as there hadn't been anything update worthy... or anything else that I have heard of. Mozilla puts out an update when there is a need to put one out. Ever hear of, "No news is good news"?

what anti-virus do u sergest and what firewall do you servest? and i only use more than one pc caus i can, i dont keep any of that **** on my pc, im more afraid to lose my songs than anything else, but i dont keep any of the card numbers or anything on my pc, thats just pure stupid, also i dont use the save password setting. also, you seem like you know alot about pc's and laptops, so do you think u can help with my laptop? im in dire need of help with my sound on it, i made a thread "Acer Aspire 4710Z - couple of problems" i really need the sound and webcam going, thats it, the rest doesnt really matter at the moment.

Okay let me try and sort this out for you.

For the songs part. that is easy. 1 of 2 thigns will always keep them protected. Put them on a seperate partition from you system files. I ahve a 150GB partition on my 320GB drive that is dedicated to just my MP3 files. Also you can use a External drive for them as well. This will prevent any harm from coming to them unless you delete or format the drive by accident.

I will take a look at your thread when i find it and see if i can help.

As for the Anti Virus this has already been answered.
Anti-Virus: Avast!, AVG, NOD32
Firewall: Comodo, Zone Alarm
Even better get Eset Smart Security. It has NOD32 and Eset's firewall. Best of both worlds.

The answer was also right that a built in firewall into your router will protect you. I do not run a firewall as the firewall buil into my router stops all attacks.

Eric is right again. There was updates done to Firefox before the enw year when they did 3 updates within a month. But that doesnt mean you have to get all worried. I mean come on. Firefox 2 has gone at least 4 months if not more without a update till a flaw was ofund and patched. Cant patch flaws if you dont know about them.:laughing:

good points there, cant fix what u dont know about, and i used eset for a while, but it wasnt legal so i wanna get a legal version, can i buy it online, or...? and yeah, i use comodo caus its free and awesome, where as zone alarm asks u questions you've already answered and it gets frustrating, so for a while i wasnt running a firewall for a while, but i wasnt really using the net either, so my pc's safe again, and thanks man, i appreciate that you will take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom