Big problems with Connect3d Radeon 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

uraknai

Solid State Member
Hi,

I bought a new graphics card in preparation for Doom 3 but am having some problems. I uninstalled my old graphics card (an NVIDIA 64MB Geforce 4 MX 440 that came with the pc) , removed it and put in the new one (Connect3d Radeon 9600). I then installed the drivers for the new card. The problem that I am having is when I try to play a game the pc freezes or the screen goes blurry, returns to the desktop (still blurry) and restarts in low res mode. Another probelm is that when I try to load a game it SOMETIMES causes the monitor to switch off and go into power saving mode, as if it has been disconnected from pc, forcing me to switch off pc and restart.

On Unreal 2004 it loads up and I can choose a game mode and level. The level then begins to load but it the freezes.

On Command & Conquer:generals it plays all the intro and gets to the menu. I select solo play but on the next screen the graphics go all crazy and it returns to desktop and restarts the pc.

I have installed the latest drivers from the web. Does anyone have any suggestions??

You probably have some resilient files from your NVIDIA card. Do a google search for DETONATOR DESTROYER or some other programs which completely remove all files from your old card.

I downloaded an Nvidia file remover and it removed all 4 nvidia files on my pc. I tried to run C&C:Generals but it still went "fuzzy" and I got a VPU recover message.

let me know your PC specs, as sometimes some other component effects card performance, ATi is delicate card, you require as well, high quality components to use with. write model and manufacturer of just two things:

your MOtherboard and your rams

This must be the driver problem. The driver that u installed are came along with the card or the latest version that u downloaded?
Try uninstall all the VGA driver, the reboot your machine to VGA mode ( Press F8 during boot up ) n then install again the driver provided by Connect3d.
How do u uninstall your GF4 ? Uninstall the driver then off your pc n unplug the card?

Blind_Arrow said:
let me know your PC specs, as sometimes some other component effects card performance, ATi is delicate card, you require as well, high quality components to use with. write model and manufacturer of just two things:

your MOtherboard and your rams

The manufacturer of motherboard is Micro ATX form factor (I think) and the model number is IM845G. I have 256mb of RAM in one slot and 512mb of RAM in the other but I dont know the manufacturer or model number.

My specs are:

Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
256 mb + 512mb RAM
80 GB HDD
Connect3d Radeon 9600 Graphics
AVANCE AC97 Audio

and operating system is Windows XP home edition

Micro ATX only tells that your Motherboard is small size, where the manufacturer of mobo counts too much. if you can get some other Mobo/even ATi graphic card. or some higher version of nVidia, that will be better.

as Told, only thing ATi lags in is compatibility with different vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom