$1000 for PC, optimal items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flushentitypacket

Baseband Member
Hi. I have $1000 to burn on a PC (Box only, no need for screen or mouse or other peripherals). I learned my lesson to balance the performance of a system for maximum bang for buck (a 3ghz processor with 512mb memory to work with is going to be shat). I would prefer a very very silent computer (if that costs too much then never mind). I look to this forum for help :D
Thanks in advance.

yea, id go with the e8400, it would bring the price down under 1000, and it will kick *** gaming.

im sure it can overclock like a beast, and with the 50 bucks you just saved you oughta get a nice cooler to go on it, or if you already have one spend it on a better PSU, as 900RR stated.

Thanks a lot. Looks like a kickass build.
However, I worry about the motherboard bottlenecking things. Will this be an issue or need I not worry?

Regardless of price limit, could I get other recommendations on PSU? What kind of Wattage am I looking for?
I also want to know the MOST SILENT case fans out there, as well as CPU fan. I don't fancy water cooling, and most likely will not overclock.

wattage doesn't matter Amperage on the 12v Rails does, Corsair 550vx is enough

the board isn't goihng to bottleneck at all

OMG, the guy posted an Antec 900 case but a crappy PSU, **** to the no!!

get the Corsair 550vx or Hiper 580 with a Coolermaster 690!!

I've read that the Antec Cases with the PSU on the bottom causes problems (PSU pressing against the fan due to size, difficult wiring, impossible wiring due to distance from sockets, etc). Will the Corsair PSU solve these problems (long enough cords, not too big)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom