2K Dell Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
What's the best I can get? Other brands acceptable. This is just a scenario buy, but I'll probably be asking this again in 1 year. Please do not start a flame thread.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptop-round-up-december-07-january-08-a-162384/
Dell's XPSTM M1730
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7500. (2.20 GHz, 4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
Vista® Ultimate. (32Bit)
4GB DDR2 RAM.
NVIDIA GeForce Go 8700M GT graphics.
250GB Hard Drive. (SATA)
Wireless. (a/b/g)
Blu-ray Disc DVD+/-RW Optical Drive.
Bluetooth.
9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery.
17.0" UltraSharp.
2.0mp Webcam.
Graphite Black/Sapphire Blue Casing with White LED Back lights.

That is the best I can recommend at the moment.

Yh, I would go with something in the XPS range personally :)

Dells arent bad laptops, just be sure to get the gold warranty so it covers everything, including stupidity.

if you're asking in one year...ANY brand is good...from the following:

hp
dell
lenovo
acer
asus
fujitsu
toshiba
sony

if you hate any of the above brands, eh...they all make good configs for under 2k range

Personally i will never own a toshiba just because of all the crap they put on them. I shouldnt have to reformat my machine as soon as i get it due to 80 running processes of bloat.

You should try ibuypower.com. They have about the sames spec of Chris Chadwicks pc and it you can chose to have xp on it in the begining. Did i mention it is about $500 cheaper.

You should try ibuypower.com. They have about the sames spec of Chris Chadwicks pc and it you can chose to have xp on it in the begining. Did i mention it is about $500 cheaper.

Also be sure to mention the 25-30 day shipping.

They have a very bad rep and terrible customer service and max 1 yr warrenty. It is worth to put in an extra bit of money for better quality,service, and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom