Asus Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

T88SupraStyle

In Runtime
Ok, so i bought a new motherboard and my friend told me that i need to put thes riser things on my board. I don't know why. but my board is already raised from the case. do i need them? My board didnt come with any so im guessing that i dont need them?

pleaes respond. thank you.

This is what the thing looks like
http://www.kenyada.com/mobo standoff 008.jpg

actually you don't NEED them :D BUT you really have to pay heed to your mobo manual, if you have it. They are usually included with the mobo because they don't know what you're putting it in.

Mine didn't need them...but the first one I built did...etc

so it's a 50/50 depending on your case construction.

ok, yea i don't need them i took i looked closley under the motherboard and its already lifted. like i said before if i lift it anymore nothings going to line up to the outside of the case. but yea... thanks for your help/

The motherboard shouldn't come with standoffs. The case should. They case may already come with the main standoffs applied but you may need to add a few if you have a standard ATX or larger motherboard.

No matter what, you'll need standoffs.

My guess is you and your friend are both arguing over the identical part. Your case already has them installed, and he is assuming that the case doesnt. The standoffs are little brass screws that move the mobo up about 1/4 of an inch from the case.

My guess is you and your friend are both arguing over the identical part. Your case already has them installed, and he is assuming that the case doesnt. The standoffs are little brass screws that move the mobo up about 1/4 of an inch from the case.

Yea, that's where I was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom