Need Urgent help with XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i did a bit of digging and it looks like X.P cannot recognize the sata raid system i have and that if i install a driver for it at the start of setup by hitting F6 that it will fix the problem only thing is that i dont have a floppy drive so im a little confused on how to get it on the system, here is a like to the base unit i used to build my with H.P Site if you can find the driver on that site please tell me which one it is

Use nlite to slipstream the driver into the XP install. That is the only way i can think of to do what you need to do.

Correct me if im wrong but i read somewhere on the web ages ago, that you would only need to setup the raid if you had 2 or sata drives

Yes that is correct. RAID does require at least 2 hard drives.

I had that issue on a computer that I built for a rapper last week. for some reason, the sound card wouldn't act right in the bottom slot. moving it solved the problem.

I had the same issue another time and it was because I had 4 sata dvd burners hooked up at once and it was causing an irql conflict (this was never an issue with ide drives in the same setup) during install. I disconnected 3 of them, install xp then hooked them back up

take out extraneous stuff like the sound card
in bios:
disable usb
disable serial and parallel
set drive to IDE mode
disable secondaray sata if any
disable lan

retry

then when/if it works you can re-enable

Correct me if im wrong but i read somewhere on the web ages ago, that you would only need to setup the raid if you had 2 or sata drives

that has nothing to do with this. sata is raid. xp doesn't recognize most raid setups.

I had missed the second page for some reason

go to driverpacks.net and downloads the sata pack. hp media center disc recognizes their sata drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom