Geforce 6800GT or Radeon X800pro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i'm planning on getting a 6800 or 6800 GT. 6800 looks nice, quite a good price/performance ratio compared to the X800 Pro.

All the way from R-300(ATI 9500) to R-360 (9800 xt) ATI has been able to ride this Chip through the Video Battlefield.
The R-420 (x800)is no different , same chip optimized to its limits and still performing well.
Nvidia on the other hand has made a major change with there new NV40 chip (6800) and for once a change for the better sense the FX dustbuster.Surely ATI has somthing up there sleave next year but for now the 6800 sieries is the card to buy.Preferably the Ulta line :) .

didi said:
GF6800GT's graphic nicer than X800Pro but slower than X800Pro.

That proves speed does not equal performance. Like the comparison between AMD and Intel.

yup, Intel has now tried this move of AMD (Clock isnt the true performance measure in its new 775 pin series)

and as well somone has mentioned the test, showing X800 series lagging behind.

faster mean the game run very smooth althought not as pretty graphic than Nvidia.
I prefer the game can run smooth cosz while playing i dont have time to concentrate the graphiic.

I would choose NVIDIA as a professional, they just work faster.

I would choose ATI as a gamer, all high performance Radeon cards can handle it when you turn on AA or AF, NVIDIA graphics card performance drops so much with AA/AF enabled.

I prefer the game can run smooth cosz while playing i dont have time to concentrate the graphiic.

I, personally would prefer a ballance between performance and quality, I really love good framerates but I also love stunning graphics, I would get the 6800GT It is better quality graphics, and if you cant stand it being not quite as effecient with framerates, you can always overclock it. ;)

zerozero said:
here is a link to the first DOOM 3 bench mark. NVIDIA seems to have the lead but is it because they optimized their drivers for this particular game again.
http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQy
You can find plenty of reviews, check Tom's hardware and Anand tech sites.

i don't think the drivers were optimized for doom3, at the conclusion it says that Nvidia desinged the 6800 series to play doom 3

I think the basic thing is, High Performance now: x800 pro, quality performance for a while 6800 series. Honestly you cant go wrong with either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom