Help me build system on Q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yexusbeliever

Baseband Member
Alright all, I am asking for help. I do not want to be unique in my computer. I like to build a computer based upon the Q6600 Intel Quad-Core. And I do certainly want to overclock this cpu to at least 3.0ghz. So I need your help. What you can help is really simple.

Please provide information on how you build your system using Q6600. Provide details of the hardware you used from CPU fan, motherboard, rams, case, harddrives, video cards, and etc. And if you overclock the cpu, please provide information on how you did it.

What my intention is that I will look at all of those who provide inputs here on how they built theirs; I will use that information to build mine.

I'm asking about this because I know for sure that you went through the system building these components and if I happen to use the exact same ones, they can't possibly be incompatible.

Sounds like you're pretty new. View what I got in my signature. It's pretty good. I have 2 8800 GT GPU's. Though you only need one. Q6600 which I have over clocked. It's very easy to get to 3 Ghz. I'd recommend EVGA products for mobo and gpu.

Yes, sadly I'm new at this. Well building a system is a great risk to what I think. I build three systems before. My first one was half-success since I can't figure on getting computer to startup right sometimes. The second one was a failure. The third was a complete success. But because of my previous two tries didn't come out pleasing enough to me, I'm skeptical of my own skills. Hahaha!

Thanks for your help guys. Keep on sharing with your details as I will continue on researching and responding here.

Also do you guys know any specific instructions or details on overclocking Q6600? I've never overclock a cpu before.

I would like to second the request for instructions on how to overclock a Q6600, considering I will have my new PC built by Wednesday or Thurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom