Quick RAM question, cpuz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey i've got a quick question about RAM frequency or speed.

In cpuz its saying DRAM Frequency 452.5.

Is that what speed my RAM is running at? 452.5MHz?
Or since it's DDR2 do I multiply that by 2 to get the speed. i.e. 905MHz ?

I managed to tighten up the timings a bit, trying to see how low I can bring the voltage while running at 3.4GHz now.

Just a bit confused ^^ Thanks in advance.

yea you multiply by two (ddr = double data rate) so yes it's actually at 905 MHz.

You can probably get that up a little higher. I have my tracers at 960 MHz 4-4-4-12 2.2v

No x38 has a different, newer bios than my P35 board. You can change the frequency of the ram easily by changing it's ratio... mine is at 1.4:1 I think.

That ratio is RAM:FSB by the way.

i see, understand a bit about the ratio, but the bios doesn't display the ratio as such. It's using some odd multipliers. I took some pics. I had to use photobucket because imageshack just crapped out lol so no thumbnails, heres the links though. (1600xsomething, sorry)

Shows current multiplier and the legend on the right of the screen.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/Akubane/IMG_0759.jpg

Shows choices of multipliers.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f167/Akubane/IMG_0760.jpg

This is what I don't understand. Especially the odd list on the right, since my FSB isnt any of those. MCH strapping?

2.4 x 377 = 905.

It's just taking the 2x for the RAM into account, so that's really a 1.2 multiplier (so 377 x 1.2 = 452, thenmultiplied by two for 905)

I think, at least. Don't know what all that A, B, D etc. is.

I'm pretty sure you mistyped the voltage. 3.4v? eh eh eh?
Edit, reread, you mean 3.4ghz on the processor speed right?

i see, so all that crap on the right doesn't really matter? Also doesn't leave me with many choices. bummer XD

XD I just worded the sentence wrong vee, my bad. meant lower the voltage, at 3.4ghz. voltage down to 1.425 now. im hopin i can get it around 1.35

but if I can then I cant see how it wouldnt run stable at 1.5v with 400fsb. hole maybe, iunno.

edit~ okay using 2.50A its running at 945MHz, the next highest choice would be 2.66 which said 1005MHz. I don't know if it'd do that without loosening the timings. What do you guys think? I'll have to run prime95 overnight tonight anyway once I inch down the voltage. 1.40 now.

edit~ prime crashed after 5 min, try again with 1.425v, if that doesn't work then rams too high.

edit~ voltage question. since the multiplier has something to do with the MCH strapping (im assumign thats northbridge?) Would I have to increase the MCH Overvoltage at all? Seems it wont run with ram any higher than 907.

Only voltages I have turned up is my RAM voltage to its 2.2max and the FSB voltage by .05 (1 tick).

If you are running stock voltage on the northbridge that could be part of the problem. I gave my ds3r either 2 or 3 ticks when i was running 3.6ghz on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom