Major issue,compability mode paging reduces system performance....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Beta member
Firstly,ive posted this on many techsupport boards,but have not found a way to fix it....people tend to post the usual solutions(available in microsoft's knowledge database for instance),and when told that they dont work,just drop the whole subject.

I really need help fixing this,so please....

This is a screenshot of the problem : http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/problem copy.gif

I would first like to say the following :

-The NOIDE value in the registry that im supposed to check?Not there.Ive searched the whole registry for "NOIDE" and have found nothing.

-No driver or program is listed that is causing the problem,like what the sites and other stuff say should be listed.

-No,i dont have a virus,ive scanned my system dozens of times already,with different programs.....unless the boot sector virus im currently infected with is an extremely rare,unknown,virus that is very good at hiding itself....

-The ios.log file in c/windows is supposed to contain information on what is causing the problem....but i cant make heads or tails of it...the file is attached(i had to change it to .txt to allow the forum to accept it)

-Probably,because of this compability mode thing,the computer does not think my CD-ROM drive exists.Its supposed to be drive E,but its not in the list...the computer cant seem to detect it or anything....ive tried disconnecting the CD-ROM and re-connecting it,but it still doesnt detect it.....everyone i;ve asked is completely stumped and dont know why its behaving this way....

Im using win98 SE.Drives are FAT32....always have been.

As for re-installing it,i suppose i could do it,except it would be hella annoying and time consuming to do....

Well...thats the thing...for some reason the computer doesnt think my CD-ROM drive exists....cant use it at all.....its just not listed...drive D is a ghost drive that was created when i used virtual drive to run a game without the game CD.....im not really sure how to format,and how long it will take,plus it will be godlike annoying to re-instlal all the essential programs again,and i think i need the windows 98 CD to re-instlal windows....but how do i use it,if my CD-ROM drive isnt working....

I used BIOS to set my first boot device to the CDROM...and then just re-installed windows from there(was actually testing to see if i could get it to work,but decided that if i could fix it without formatting,so much the better).Surprisingly,it worked.

Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom