Computer companies, good and bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol alienware genius.. thats lies!! the only thing they have that no one else does is SLi'd laptops

other than that.. their desktops are way overpriced.. i was skimming through the other day.. and to have 3 8800 ultras in your computer.. the cost was over 2k just on gpu's.. which is just plain retarded...

i like alienware cases! their the same as the huge chenmings... but they don't have any holes in the mobo tray... but even w/o.. they do an excellent job w/ wiring.. my friend has an alienware and the wiring in it is so pro

Yea, I'm not a big fan of Chenming. It's those fins that I really can't stand. I like elegance. If it weren't for the deal I had on my stacker then I wouldn't of even gotten it. I wanted a Lian Li v2000 originally.

lol alienware genius.. thats lies!! the only thing they have that no one else does is SLi'd laptops

other than that.. their desktops are way overpriced.. i was skimming through the other day.. and to have 3 8800 ultras in your computer.. the cost was over 2k just on gpu's.. which is just plain retarded...

also there laptops come with 120 SSDs when the highest i've seen coming with laptops is a 64.

By the way... thank you everyone that gave input! I really appreciate it!

Ill make this really simple:

Dell: No.... They say that you can customize, but that customization is like do you want the PI at 200Mhz or the CoreDuo 8500E?

Gateway: STAY THE F*** AWAY FROM GATEWAY. They load the HD's up with so much S*** (EZTUNE, Netscape, etc.) plus they still use IDE for their HD's X(

Alienware: The latest A-52 sucks cause of the dual GTS's. The Aurora is very good and alot cheaper. But if you want the best AW is the way to go.

Rule of Thumb: Whatever system you get, if it ain't Voodoo, AW. or Falcon, ditch the VC and throw in an 8800GT (eVGA).

Gateway: STAY THE F*** AWAY FROM GATEWAY. They load the HD's up with so much S*** (EZTUNE, Netscape, etc.) plus they still use IDE for their HD's X(

I like gateway. I am thinking about getting a laptop from them. I'll just do what I do every retail system I get. Format the drive and reinstall the os.

Why is dell so bad?

My grandparents bought a pc for $800 from them (probably cost about $400-500) and it came with some basic software and warranty. Not to mention a 19"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom