Not open for further replies.

Kohen

Beta member
I've just bought a new computer:
Dell XPS 420
Quadcore Processor
8800gt Graphics card
2gb ddr2 RAM.

Straight out of the box, I turned it on and I was able to use it for a few minutes and then I got the Blue Screen.
Which was similar to:
http://www.theopensourceactivist.com...vista_bsod.jpg
(flashes on and off so quickly I can't possible read what it says)

I tried returning it to Factory settings and I'm still getting the same error.
It's been fine for the last 4 hours but, I'm afraid that it will just happen, and happen again and especially how Dell hardly offer a Warranty.

When I came to my PC this morning I had a "problem reports and soloutions" page. There was plenty of Microsoft programmes which had shut down unexpectadly and it also showed me Windows had shut down unexpectedly.
When I clicked on more information this is what I got:

"Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
Mini012308-09.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00005003
BCP2: C0801000
BCP3: 000024C1
BCP4: 024B4282
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1"

I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Call dell and make them take care of it. At the very least they can tell you over the phone what it might be.

Is that +1 to post count?

Anyone with slightly more informative information?

Well, I was genuinely trying to help, but if that's how you wanna act....

Your "new" comp came with warranty for a reason.

Did you even bother to open up the case and make sure everything was seated correctly? Maybe a ram stick came loose?

Call dell and make them take care of it. At the very least they can tell you over the phone what it might be.

He only got the pc yesterday, i think he would want to try and fix himself which would be easier than goin through the tech support and having to send it off.

He only got the pc yesterday, i think he would want to try and fix himself which would be easier than goin through the tech support and having to send it off.

He wouldn't have to send it off. Tech support could steer him in the right direction to fix the BSOD over the phone.

Well, I was genuinely trying to help, but if that's how you wanna act....

Your "new" comp came with warranty for a reason.

Did you even bother to open up the case and make sure everything was seated correctly? Maybe a ram stick came loose?

Nah, I thought they would put everything in properly and perfectly whilst having to make over 50 computers a day so I wouldn't have to check that. :|

/sarcasm off.

In all fairness. I was on the phone 20 minutes yesterday waiting for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom