Dual monitors in sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
I was planning on plugging two 21" CRT's (i bought a 2nd one for 10 bucks, lol!) onto my 8800 gt's...

But wait... i just found out that for some reason when your running sli you can't have dual monitors?

Now i COULD use one of my old pci cards and just use that for the 2nd monitor... but i dont want to... i want to know why when i have 1 8800 gt i can run 2 monitors... but when i have 2... i cant run 2 WHILE they are in SLI..

Oh well... ill just have to throw in that other pci card... (this is the recommended suggestion if u want to run dual monitors)

Just out of curiosity... can crossfire support dual monitors?

OH... and tri-sli supports up to 6 monitors...

this makes me mad..

Crossfire does support multiple monitors. I run SLI with a third pci-e card(1650pro) to run my 2nd monitor.

From what i have heard, nvidia refuses to support multiple monitors and SLI, dont know why, i'm guessing laziness.

I read an article that said for some reason because of the way sli works, dual monitors aren't possible.... crossfire does though.

I'm not sure why but I think it has to do with the way crossfire and SLi scale. With crossfire, you can have up to 200% of the performance of one card. But with SLi, only about 140% the performance of one card... So by running dual monitors in SLi, you'd actually be doing more harm than good because you'd see 40% less fps per monitor than if SLi was disabled... that's an 80% performance decrease across the board. Ouch. Since crossfire scales to 200% in some cases though, that's not a problem for them.

well, then ill just throw in the other PCI card... and once agian if i could start over from the very start i would of crossfired...or just got a 8800 gts 512mb instead...

or maybe i will just use 1 24" ... hmm

now i hvae some tough decisons... god **** you sli!

well, then ill just throw in the other PCI card... and once agian if i could start over from the very start i would of crossfired...or just got a 8800 gts 512mb instead...

or maybe i will just use 1 24" ... hmm

now i hvae some tough decisons... god **** you sli!

Yeah agreed ha. I have 3 monitors that I use with sli disabled. I enable it for gaming etc...

In theory i can run 3 monitors with SLI enabled :) My 1650 has dual dvi out and since its an ati card it doesnt get disabled when i turn SLI on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom