No anti static bag for Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunyboy

Banned
Hey people, i dont have any of those anti static bags and i need to store a PCi card . what would be the best material to place the pci card in for the mean time.. would a zip lock bag be a bad idea?

Any tech shops around you area? I go to a local shop and can usually come away with some leftover bags they would otherwise discard. Worth a try...

My friend's given me PCI cards from old PC's that he threw in just ziplock bags, they all work fine for me...if you're not going to be moving it around, then it shouldn't generate static. That said, you could probably find something a bit better, but it shouldn't damage your card if you store it in a ziploc bag (make sure any static is discharged from the bag first though)

Just don't put it anywhere near something that will generate static ie. clothes, cotton, etc....

You could always go dumpster diving for some bags. :D

Wrap it in a paper towel an then put it in the zip lock bag, i sore old cards like that an had shiped old cards like that in the post, never had one die on me through static that way.

Heh i have cards that have just been tossed in junk boxes for years and still work perfectly fine. Static discharge really is overhyped when it comes to electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom