Acer Aspire 4710Z - couple of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent-Valentine

Baseband Member
i've just installed windows XP onto my Acer aspire 4710Z, but there is alot of drivers missing. i've installed the sound driver for it (realtek) but theres still no sound device, the web cam seems to be always busy even when theres nothing else running, i cant find the network controller, ethernet controller, SM bus controller, and the mass storage controller doesnt seem to work, and the PCI Device also has a error, can i please get some help, nothing wants to work, its frustrating me, i had soo many problems getting XP on this computer because of it running vista with SATA HDD's, but i fixed that, and now these driver problems.

Thanks.

I recommend first going to windows update for all the newest update, also check HP, then u need to go into devices and make sure there is no unknown devices with a ?, if there is press the look for the update button (this made my sound work on my HP Pavilion zv6000. Also for the internet problem I would reinstall xp and get the hp update for ethernet or wireless which adds the interface

you just said check HP? ... im using a Acer... and also, how am i meant to check the internet with no ethernet when i use the ethernet cable for the internet :p but audio and webcam are my main problems, but thanks for your help :)

Thanks,
Vincent-Valentine

Umm let me see, I believe I fixed the internet first by reinstalling xp and then I fixed the audio not by installing the drivers from a website, but from fixing it in devices or from something like that

Reinstalling, because the drivers I installed were all screwed up and thats why the internet and audio werent working in the first place... lol, u just have to basically reinstall xp, reinstall the acer drivers and the windows update ones, THEN if when xp is reinstalled the audio doesnt work, then u have to try the approach which I took when fixing my audio which I dont remember exactly wat it was but I gotta remember before u do any reinstalling, h/o a sec

ok, so reinstalling xp will/might fix it? and i dont have the acer disks, caus i brought it off a friend. soo... dunno if that helps, i downloaded all the drivers off the acer site, but why would installing xp again, when i only installed it about 2 hrs ago, so... :p yeah, dont wanna reinstall it if theres a chance i can fix it without reinstalling xp :p

Hello,

You just need to ensure that you're downloading and installing the correct drivers for all your hardware devices.

All the drivers which you'll need are available to download from the Acer website: http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/notebook/as_4710.html .

There are several different camera, graphics (vga) and wireless drivers available. For example, there Atheros, Intel and Broadcom wireless drivers. You can't download and install all these drivers. You must download and install the correct driver depending on the manufacturer and or model of the device.

You can also obtain drivers from the device manufacturer, if you know the manufacturer and model of the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom