No USB mouse after wake up from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicroSun

Beta member
Hello,

I have a notebook with Windows XP Home 32bit and I use an external Logitech LX700 keyboard and mouse combo for it. The combo is used via USB port.
My problem is if I wake up windows from sleep then the combo is not working at all. If I unplug and plug it again then it works fine.

Any idea?

Hello,

Can you wake your computer from sleep by pressing a key on the keyboard or by moving/clicking a button on your mouse?

If not, then do the following:

1.Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2.Double-click Keyboard.
3.Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
4.Click the Power Management tab, and then click to select the Allow this device to bring computer out of Standby check box.
5.Click OK, and then click OK again.

Do the same for your mouse device.

The problem with this sollution is that if I enable this feature then my PC will not go into sleep mode :(
So it seems to be an endless loop :confused:

Wait a minute the first post you said you had Vista and now you have XP Home ?

" I have a notebook with Windows XP Home 32bit " - Second Post

" I have a machine with Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit " - First Post

Is This happening with Both of these Systems.. Because im confused

Install your chipset drivers. ;) Updated shipset drivers should cantin the fix for this.

Let's clear the situation a bit.

1. I have opened 2 threads as I have 2 differnt problem. One is related to XP and the other is related to Vista and the situations are different as well.

2. On the Vista machine I had the problem that the wireless mouse didn't allow the PC to go to sleep as it sends a signal periodically.

You still can ask both and get answers to both in the same thread. No need to have to open for basically the same issue.

Again try installing your chipset drivers for both systems.

The XP system you say the keyboard doesnt allow for your system to go to sleep? That is a issue most likely related to your Anti-Virus or something causing this. If you dont run those and it is your keyboard get updated drivers.

The Vista system it has to be the chipset. I have looked thru every KB artilce to find something related to this and there is nothing. So either get the chipset drivers or update all your drivers. Then report back.

Hello,

it seems both of my problems solved at the moment.

1. On my XP system I did nothing. It is just working fine now. I have no idea what happend. The last 5 wake up caused no problem.

2. On my Vista system I have put the mouse USB recevier in an other slot and no problem anymore.

I have checked the drivers as well but both PC are up to date.

Well it is good that both the issues seem to have resolved themselves. Congrats. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom