Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Player of America's Army used in-games techniques in a rescue situation

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
funkywaggnelz
True Techie

Default Re: Player of America's Army used in-games techniques in a rescue situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt5 View Post
No... if you try your best to save someone and they die... it is not your fault... there are laws out that stop you from being prosecuted if your on the scene and trying to help... I doubt very much this guy would of said outloud "damit, i could of sworn that video game would of saved this guy" if one of them died also. And, i dont think he got lucky, seeing how he evaluated the situation like he did.

But ya... if my world suddendly turns into an fps, my cs:s training will really help me... i just gotta remember not to push my spots when im counter terriost and use my mic to communicate with my teammates. And if i'm t side praise allah?
You can only not get prosecuted if you are registered CPR, or other kinds of certifications. In this guys case, since he didn't have any real certification (not including the video games certification) so if he had messed up and it rusulted in one of those people's death, he would be sued.
G.SKILL 2GB DDR2 800 (2x1GB)
Seagate Barracuda 320 GB
Rosewill 550 Watt
Hanns-G 19" Widescreen
CoolerMaster Centurion 5 Mid Tower

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.