Unable to load XP Pro due to stop/error messege

Status
Not open for further replies.
You receive a stop error 0x7E in Pci.sys

According to this it is due to a CardBus Compact Flash Adapter. The resolution is to get the most recent Service Pack. Since you are using a disc without SP1 that might be your answer. Either get a updated disc that has SP2 or slipstream the Service Pack into the XP CD.

You receive a stop error 0x7E in Pci.sys

According to this it is due to a CardBus Compact Flash Adapter. The resolution is to get the most recent Service Pack. Since you are using a disc without SP1 that might be your answer. Either get a updated disc that has SP2 or slipstream the Service Pack into the XP CD.

Mak, thank you a million times over!

You make it hard for a man to sleep! [I just did 14 summersaults].

Ok, the million dollar question from a newbie:

How do I slipstream the Service Pack into the XP CD?

Thanks again!!!

Not-so-fast-Freddy

The easiest way i know of. To use nlite:

nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

From there you will need to download SP2:

Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals and Developers

After you have those 2 it is easy to get it slipstreamed into the install. You will need a blank CD to finish this process. Instructions on how to slipstream are all available on the nlite site.

Mak,

Thank you again...

I will download it and try it tomorrow so my wife will still love me.

Have a great evening and hope to chat with you tomorrow!

Fred

Hope everything goes well for you. If not come by again and we will get this going for you. ;)

Mak, I am not sure if you are still here, but I am proceeding with the Nlite and Net 2. and SP2 as suggested. I had a simple question about this XP Pro install disc that was given to me as a gift in 2002. It came from a friend who is a CEO of a well know computer company [he was on the front page of Fortune 500]. I am curious as to what type of disc it is. It clearly says not for retail or OEM distribution. Can you tell me what that means? And what does OEM mean? [I'ver heard this term so many times but no one ever explained it to me.].

Original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, is a term that refers to containment-based re-branding, namely where one company uses a component of another company within its product, or sells the product of another company under its own brand. OEM refers to the company that originally manufactured the product.

Go ahead and use it

OS,

Thank you for that info. I always wondered what that meant. Ok, I am nearly ready for the install, but I am not sure about which patches, fixes, and updates to include. Have you any hints for me?

NLite is asking what patches and updates to include. I went to Microsoft to their admin download page, and typed in some of the latest security updates, but I am not sure if I am to add these now and how far I should go back in regards to including updates. Have you any idea?

Thanks,

Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom