Motherboard for OCing the e8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah.. and they are totally badass. I saw some guy on another forum, after a day he got to 4.3 on air with his load at like 65. I dont remember the voltages off my head, but I cant wait to work on this cpu.

GET IT MAN

Lol, well I'd want to find somebody to buy my e6750 first, so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of the difference xD.

Lol, well I'd want to find somebody to buy my e6750 first, so I wouldn't have to spend a lot of the difference xD.

yeah, as soon as my friend calls me to confirm that he will buy my cpu, I am gonna order my new mobo and my new cpu. Too bad I am gonna end up payin 225 for it. Everywhere that HAD it for less, is sold out:(

My advice would be not to buy another better dual-core CPU....the E6750 is plenty good enough for a while at that speed. Honestly you should be like me and use your chip until a breakthrough Quad-Core for cheap comes to the market.

My E6300 is still kicking at 3.54ghz and even with it's little 2mb cache and almost a year and a half outdatedness it and my 8800GT still net me 13550 on 3Dmark06....just wait

i agree. you aren't going to see much difference...i'd just get a quadcore or wait until a true quad comes out.

we are getting near the end of life production for intel CPU's on the market now...the next wave is getting ready to hit the market, i'd just wait for a quadcore.

I agree. Core 2 Duo is about at the end of it's reign. And all the current Quad Cores by them are is just 2 Core 2 Duo's slapped together. Which is how the Pentium D's were. I want to see a true native quad-core. Whoever can produce one efficiently for cheap first will lead the market.

Hmm, well I suppose I could do that then. I haven't really looked at quads much since nothing really supports all 4 cores that I really do (besides a bit of video encoding here and there, but that's not that bad...takes about a half hour to do on my current setup).

one of the main reasons I am gonna get one, is becuase I am only going to lose like 45 bucks in the deal. Otherwise I would wait for the new quads

Well that's why I was thinking if I could get my e6750 sold for near retail-price, I'd go out and buy a 8400. I wouldn't lose much on the deal then, and I'd get a huge performance (benchmarking :D) gain.

Well that's why I was thinking if I could get my e6750 sold for near retail-price, I'd go out and buy a 8400. I wouldn't lose much on the deal then, and I'd get a huge performance (benchmarking :D) gain.

the reason i might get the e8400 cos i can get it for around 180-190 which is around how much the e6750 costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom