When WIll this get Outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster12348

In Runtime
Operating system SAVE $61! Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) edit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz) edit
Memory 3GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024,2x512) edit
Graphics Card 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400, DVI-I, VGA adapter,HDMI edit
Networking 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless LAN card edit
Hard Drive 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive edit
Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive edit
Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 3 USB, 1394, audio edit
TV & Entertainment Experience No TV Tuner w/remote control edit
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports edit

Im thinking of buying this Hp and im 15 and I get a discount of a few hundred bucks because my dad works at hp. Im wondering if it will work with all the newest games and i hope it wont get outdated too quickly, I wanna be playing all the newest games, not exactly running at max, but lookin real good. And yes I've thought of building a computer, but too many risks and problems and this has a warranty. Thanks!

O and wat if I want to upgrade later because I have a good job that pays more than 200 a month lol and its getting outdated?

The graphics card is weak, i mean you'll still be able to play new games but i would upgrade the card then... if thats what you want....

Oh and i think it will get outdated when your video card gets outdated because Quad cored computers are kind of set for a while seeing as the transition has barley begun from dual core to quad...

But tell us how much your paying before the discount... i've seen these systems pre-built going for $600

here let me make that easier to read:

Operating system Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz)
Memory 3GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024,2x512)
Graphics Card 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400, DVI-I, VGA adapter,HDMI
Networking 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless LAN card
Hard Drive 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive
Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 3 USB, 1394, audio
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
Speakers HP stereo speakers with subwoofer and remote (2.1)

I have a question, why are you making random post that don't have anything to do with you, just random builds? If you want to build something post a topic simply saying "I am a huge gamer but I am not experienced in the computer building section. I would like to see if you guys could show me some tutorials and possibly build me a rig that will play current games like Crysis, and games in the future." I'm just curious why your posting random stuff im not trying to bash you or anything. :D

About $1700. but Id keep in mind that it comes with this:

Belkin PureAV HDMI to DVI Cable Belkin PureAV HDMI to DVI Cable
PW554AA#ABA This ships free $69.99 $69.99

HP w2007 20-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor HP w2007 20-inch
$260.00 $260.00

2-year HP Housed Service Plan for Desktop PCs 2-year HP

Absolutely pathetic video card, its outdated a month ago.. lol. If you change the card it should last a few years.

how much are you getting this build for?

Also, there is very few risks if you take your time, and listen to the forums. Also, most if not all parts you buy will have some type of warranty.

The graphics is weak.
The ram is not ddr2 800
do you know the motherboard?

EDIT: Ignore what you have answered, few people have posted by the time i finished typing

Operating system SAVE $61! Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) edit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz) edit
Memory 3GB DDR2-667MHz dual channel SDRAM (2x1024,2x512) edit
Graphics Card 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400, DVI-I, VGA adapter,HDMI edit
Networking 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless LAN card edit
Hard Drive 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive edit
Primary CD/DVD Drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive edit
Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 3 USB, 1394, audio edit
TV & Entertainment Experience No TV Tuner w/remote control edit
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports edit

Im thinking of buying this Hp and im 15 and I get a discount of a few hundred bucks because my dad works at hp. Im wondering if it will work with all the newest games and i hope it wont get outdated too quickly, I wanna be playing all the newest games, not exactly running at max, but lookin real good. And yes I've thought of building a computer, but too many risks and problems and this has a warranty. Thanks!

You need to have a reality check. First off that computer has an 8400GS...a very bad graphics card. I doubt you could barley even run any of the newest games with a card such as that...even low ESPECIALLY with Vista on there. That build is already incredibly not a gaming PC. So don't waste your money.

I don't know what kind of budget you are looking at here but building your own PC is your best bet. There are only problems when building if something is DOA (which can be replaced for a full refund fast), or you don't listen to us or follow a guide right, or if a part dies after. You say that HP has a warranty....oh man a year I bet however if you buy parts from Newegg EVERYTHING has a 1-year warranty through newegg THEMSELVES. As well parts you choose such as EVGA or BFG for video cards will most likely have a lifetime or double lifetime warranty. Hard drives just about all come with a 3 year warranty, where as CPU's pretty much just won't die unless you don't monitor temps. Good power supplies that we recommend can have up to a 5 year warranty on themselves as well. So you see HP's warranty is just as long as Newegg's expect for it being not as good becuase Newegg replaces them FAST. On top of that 1 year as I stated most parts have extended warranties through the manufacturer themsevles.

One last thing, you cannot overclock a pre-built computer and that is where the glory of computers these days shine. Overclocking is 100% safe as long as you monitor temps and aren't clinically retarded to set the voltage on a chip to like 1.8 at once.

EDIT: That is such a horrible price for that i may just have to throw up.....$1700? With 1700 i could build a super gaming computer overclocked to well with a sick monitor that would kicking *** and taking names for a while...while that thing if you buy it you have no idea what your motherboard is even. The motherboard is the thing that let your system be upgradeable. By not stating even the chipset you can assume you will be getting something that has been outdated for a while.
However if are TOO scared to build one yourself and get a twice as powerful computer for the same money then at least get one with a better graphics card becuase it really sucks. Most of those parts aside from the CPU are already outdated in my book, which it seems is what you really just searched for thinking thats what a great computer has in it: a quad-core. This is completely false becuase good dual-core CPU's are all that is needed to have a great gaming computer. I have an old E6300 overclocked to 3.54ghz and with my overclocked card i get 13400 3Dmark06......for not much at all.

Well I dont want to take the risks with building a rig and I might as well get an HP like this if I get a good discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom