This thread is dedicated to all the fine men & possibly women of tech forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH WAIT, that front blue power button on mine only worked ONCE! lol and then never again... i have to open up the case and push the other power button for it to work... idk if that was part of the design, idc though...

well i read one of the reviews on new egg about the power thing and thats why some ppl didnt like it.

i currently have the cooler master 690 and i really like it.
this isnt gonna be for me and their wont be a lot of changes.
im just gonna build it, give it to her and done.
maybe borrow it ever month or other month for updates and cleaning software and hardware(although she should eventually learn to do it her self).

So is it suppoused to do that? oh well i never checked cause its not that important...

Your gf should like it, its kind of cool that u open up the door... just watch out when she ejects cd's with software and her door either doesnt pop open or she has a powerfull cd/dvd drive and it goes flying open lol

well she better like it!..its a free build.

well heres the review from newegg:

Cons: 2 differnt connections for the hard power switches (one for inside button one for outside button); which made it so I could only make one button active. I'm probably going to merge the cables soon as its starting to get on my nerves, on the plus side theres plenty of wire slack to do this.

well i didnt notice that ... maybe the green led has something diffrent...

regardless opening the door and pressing the power button doesnt take that much effort, and if anything its kind of cool... people cant just turn off your comp like *******s right away, they have to open it first :)

well i didnt notice that ... maybe the green led has something diffrent...

regardless opening the door and pressing the power button doesnt take that much effort, and if anything its kind of cool... people cant just turn off your comp like *******s right away, they have to open it first :)

well hey, if your ok with it then its all good.

have you gotten the sli to work yet?

yes, my comp just needed a restart... again for some reason..

wow talk about fast! I already have some spyware and i think a virus just from downloading all my drivers... AVG TIME!

I have a question... what are good temps for GFX cards on idle? i was getting like 30-40C but it went up to like 66C... idk :/ i was running a few stress tests though... lol

I think I heard it's possible to run without the bridge, via software. But it's nowhere near as good with the bridge, because they're not directly connected. I could be wrong though.
A bit offtopic now, but it's not so bad. My 7600s have to be run without an SLI bridge because if I use current drivers and the bridge I'll get green lines and dots (not sure if I should call it artifacting. It's not an overheating issue) even in the most nonintensive games. I think there's a 2-3 FPS difference in Oblivion in the more intense areas of the game.

Back on topic: Nice build. Your keyboard makes me want to spend more than 5 bucks on a generic one.

yes, my comp just needed a restart... again for some reason..

I have a question... what are good temps for GFX cards on idle? i was getting like 30-40C but it went up to like 66C... idk :/ i was running a few stress tests though... lol

well those temps are realllly good especially since you got sli.
i wonder if you even raised the fan speed via riva tuner, if not your lucky and that case is really good for airflow!
make sure it doesnt stay over 70-75 on load for a while....dont max on 80+

Actually... i turned up the fan on the back of the case on high (that tuniq thing)...
I have a feeling when i re-apply the thermal paste (eventually) it will get much cooler temps because i did a bad job but it still works....

But on idle it was temps of 25C so lol, im just being stupid worrying I guess... it went up to like 32-36 on most cores... i think the first core went up to 40C a few times though after i ran a few video stress tests.

OH! your anwesering my GFX card temp question... _-_ um, i didnt change any settings on the GFX at all yet... all i did was put them in sli... So if my cards stay somewhere between 50- 75C i shouldnt worry? Can i turn up the fan speed then? lol when i game, i game for a longgggg time...

ABOUT MY CASE WITH THE TUNIQ TOWER! the side panel with the window... well the fan was touching the tuniq tower and i couldnt get the side panel on... so at first i took off the fan and then i was like.... "i like that blue fan -_-, u know wat! ill just turn the window around, haha...." And it works pretty good except now the fan presses against the side of one of the disc bays or watever u call them... I can still get it on there, its just needs to be forced on a bit... I'll take a picture of it when i get home if u want.

You have no idea how nice it is to be able to turn up the lights on your keyboard in the middle of the night... the soft blue glow makes you want to stay on it forever... I'm finding it harder and harder to go to bed early lol

Actually... i turned up the fan on the back of the case on high (that tuniq thing)...
I have a feeling when i re-apply the thermal paste (eventually) it will get much cooler temps because i did a bad job but it still works....

But on idle it was temps of 25C so lol, im just being stupid worrying I guess... it went up to like 32-36 on most cores... i think the first core went up to 40C a few times though after i ran a few video stress tests.

OH! your anwesering my GFX card temp question... _-_ um, i didnt change any settings on the GFX at all yet... all i did was put them in sli... So if my cards stay somewhere between 50- 75C i shouldnt worry? Can i turn up the fan speed then? lol when i game, i game for a longgggg time...

ABOUT MY CASE WITH THE TUNIQ TOWER! the side panel with the window... well the fan was touching the tuniq tower and i couldnt get the side panel on... so at first i took off the fan and then i was like.... "i like that blue fan -_-, u know wat! ill just turn the window around, haha...." And it works pretty good except now the fan presses against the side of one of the disc bays or watever u call them... I can still get it on there, its just needs to be forced on a bit... I'll take a picture of it when i get home if u want.

You have no idea how nice it is to be able to turn up the lights on your keyboard in the middle of the night... the soft blue glow makes you want to stay on it forever... I'm finding it harder and harder to go to bed early lol
well download riva tuner, go to the fan options and click manual and you can raise it to whatever percent you want, you can also have it boot during wuindows with the percentage you want so its always the same.

and i cant wait to get that logitech keyboard, i want one so bad especially cos i game at night sometimes and its so hard to see what im typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom