Comp Wont Start (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalninjas

Baseband Member
Comp Wont Start (Fixed)

Hey there, this may sound generic but I just built a new computer and it wont start period, so I figured it was the PSU because last time I had a dead mobo the fans would atleast start up, so I got a new PSU and that didn't work either, so I used one that works and still, it didn't work. Could it be the mobo? Because last time the fans atleast started, nothing happens, so I'm guessing this could be fault wiring with the actual power button, because when I plugged the Cat5 into the LAN port in the back, both lights lit up green but I wasn't sure if that was being powered by the onboard battery. :Z Any solutions?

Edit: BTW this is the mobo I have in the machine right now thats not working:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-186-002&depa=1

I looked for a light on the mobo but I didn't see one so I'm not sure if its the mobo or not \:

Try check your system panel connector whether connect correctly according your user's manual.

I didn't burn the CPU, the fans wont even move. Even if the CPU was burned, the fans would still turn on. Plus I know that I didn't have the plastic film on because I gave a tiny spot a cut with my fingernail.

Nvm, fixed it, I did everything right, but the front power button's cord was stuck behind the front of the case, when I opened it up I wasn't too suprised to find it there. Anyway, everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.

Edit 1: Yes, I did go through those steps

Edit 2: Oh yea, this is a budget comp for a friend, so theres no need in spending that much money in a top of the line Asus. I built this computer for $500 ($498 actually) without shipping and taxes with the following specs:

-2.8ghz P4 W/HT, 800FSB, 1Meg L1 Cache
-512Meg DDR400 W/Heatspreader
-350watt PSU
-X-Dreamer II case
-Aero 4 Lite CPU Cooler
-Arctic Silver CPU paste
-80gig 7200 RPM IDE HDD (IDE :()
-52xCD-RW/16x DVD-Rom drive
-Foxconn 865A01 Mobo w/onboard video/audio
-2 80mm intakes, 1 80mm window intake, 1 80mm roof exhaust, 1 120mm rear exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom