New Build, Please give your opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright...here's a hypothetical situation.
The game you are playing supports Quad-core cpu's...now would you still go with the E8400?

why are we recommending dual over quad now?
ive been a bit out of it

well the e8400 stock speed is 3.0ghz, more cache and its the new 45nm processors.

and i think from benchmarking, the e8400 beats the quad in gaming performance.

its upto him actually, i would rather go for the q9450, but they have some bug tahts delaying the release date.

ya but i doubt it beats the quad by a significant amount, i still think the quad would last your system longer than an e8400...

Ahhh!!!! >_<
I'm too indecisive, do you guys know a good site to look at benchmarks?

buy an E2200 and overclock the **** out of it until a breakthrough quad-core comes (which should be the Q9xxx series but we will see) or just wait.

I don't know how to overclock.... Too many things like once you overclock the CPU then you have to OC the Memory too...and then you have to worry about multipliers....I'm an English major, not a Math major...

I don't know how to overclock.... Too many things like once you overclock the CPU then you have to OC the Memory too...and then you have to worry about multipliers....I'm an English major, not a Math major...

you dont realy have to oc the ram.
i never knew how to oc and i got the hang of it, even though i may only know how to oc on my mobo but still...i understand it more.

if your willing to save money,for something better, its worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom