prime95 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
In the torture test option in prime95, would i choose to run "small FFT's (maximum FPU stress, data fits in L2 cache, RAM not much tested)"

Basically i dont know what FPU is, and is that what i would use to test an overclocked CPU?

Or would i use "In-place large FFT's (maximum heat, power consumption, some ram tested)"

small FFT's stresses your cpu, and that is what you should use to test your cpu OC

use small FFT's and run how many ever torture tests as how many cores your CPU has. i run 4 tests since i have a quad, and 2 on a dualcore, etc.

Small FFT's stresses the CPU the most. If you're a gamer like me, blend is about equal to how much your CPU will be used when gaming. But small lets you know your overclock will be stable no matter what.

Well get the newest version, why would you want to use an old version of the program?
Should be pointed out that real gamming (NOT demo benchmarks) stresses your entire system, RAM, GPU, CPU and motherboard in ways that cannot be replicated with prime 95 or other similar programs. Though 3dmark06 comes close...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom