PSU and FANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxkrnxstylezxx

In Runtime
so...my computer sounds like a monster...its really annoying cuz its all i can hear...so i wanna get some new fans and a new power supply...im still using the 2 fans and PSU that came with the turbo aspire case. psu is working fine but i should probably get a good one anyway and theres this annoying sound from it. and the fans are like hurricanes.......

so i want at least 2 new fans and a new power supply....ive heard the Thermaltake W0014 Silent Purepower and on the low - mid fan speed, it was pretty quiet...i could deal with that....

for the fan im looking at THESE right now...would they be good and reliable and QUIET?? does anyone have any suggestions of which fan i can get (80mm) thats under $8(including shipping), quiet, and still moves air??

and i really have no idea on the PSU...im hoping to get it under $50 with shipping....possibly under 40...i think 350watts would be enough because i have 2.8ghz HT, radeon 9600, liteon dvd-rw, seagate 120 hd, asus p4c800-e deluxe...i think THIS might be a good choice...does anyone have any suggestions??

is it possible that the cpu fan is loud?? i'm using the stock fan/heatsink that came with the P4 2.8cghz HT...it usually runs near 2800 rpm...i really dunno if this is making any sound cuz of the stupid psu....

thx for your help

get Vantec Stealth fans

if u have brackets for 120MM fans, better get them, as they are quiter and moves more air (larger fin, slower rotation)

for PSU, I have to specially order the PSU from ww.zipzoomfly.com
as this is USA site, and I am in UK. the PSU is Fortran / also called Powersource, model FPS-350W i think, it has 1 120MM fan, and if ur sytem is not over loaded, its fan is dead quiet.

if u see my system specs, i'm running this PSU on these, and see this only 350W PSU is working excellant. very stable nice.

yup
this is the thing

my fav Fortran (if i can buy it from USA< sitting in UK, why dont u, keep in mind, I specially planned components for my system. and this was my highest priority)

this actually is 350, but will work 100% fine with 430W load (tested in labs, and no PSU can get this much load over what is it made of), so if urs running at 350W or lesser, believe me its dead silent. as I (after building system in inisital stage with only AGP card, 1 RAM stick and no hard drive (just geting the burn-in test for the thermal paste).

i have to actually bring myself near to fan to feel its movements, it was damn silent.

as now as u can see my system load, its fan runs littel faster. but i loive this PSU (also keeps ur system cool)

yes yes, the first link

it has only one fan of 120MM (not at back) but beneath the PSU (directly above the CPU) also draws out warm air right from CPU. you might not need extra fan for casing. although I still have 1 small 80mm installed in my casing. and system running cool

now if again u see my system specs = massive heat

and what i have, 1X 80mm fan (am not kidding) and this PSU

hmm, what i did is, as i have no holes on side of my acsing, i have kept one bracket of front panel , where u insert CD/DVD opened,
and now it makes a very optimal flow of air (i tested it with my ciggerete smoke movements) ;)

what ever u do, keep 2 things in mind,

balance the air flow, means air in = air out (keeping in mind hthat you have 1 PSU with big fan taht is drawing air out)

else, what it'll do it create a semi vacuum inside casing, and air will be forced into casing, resulting dirt getting into ur system via CD/DVD drives.

I have recently lost my brand new CD-RW just because of this, as I have a 120MM fan at back (massive throughput of air), and now as I have ole bracket open, even I install 2 fans, wont matter, and never even found any dirt on my CD/DVD inner sides.

I want performance out of my syste, not beauty. that is why i bought simplest (but good quality casing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom