building Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
Building a new computer i just got my motherbaord today its an MSI k7n2 nvidia chip nforce 2 chipset.power is plugged into the board i have the power swwitch and led connectors all connected to the board when i hit the power button power flickers on for a half second and nothing happens. no power at all. i connected the power switch and led and reset connectors from another comp to that board and it did the same thing. is there something that im missing. that is not set up on the board. everything is connected power wise.

check ur CPU thermal material

AMD might be realising that there is no thermal inteface between CPU and Heatsink, or there is stil plastic film left on it.

else check your DDR's but they were supose to tell u by beep,

the thermal grease can do that? to be honest i just took the heat sink off my old comp just to test it because i dont have one. and i didnt add new compound i will get a new one tomorrow. i figured it wouldnt hurt just to turn it on for a min just to see if booted up but i didnt know it could prevent it from turning on.

yes, it will, as to clear u out,

once I did that, as i want to change the thermal material of my AMD, when i installed new, i forgot to peel off the plastic film, and CPU didnt started, i tried 3-4 times, didnt still.

when i turned the heatsink, it was as good as new, as accordingly the thermal pad should have changed its shape due to pressure of CPU die, looking closely, i figued out that the platic film is still intact, and on removing, CPU started.

AMD's CPU die, though cannot save it from ove heating, but at leat can sense the proper thermal material presence, and you should never ever do what have u done.

once u detach the fan from CPU, always change the thermal pad/matereial, even though its 1 hour old.

Cmon didi, he has mentioned clearly, that he ha used other system's PSU on this one as well.

I have a friend from malaysia, infact class fellow (she never helped me as when i asked her about commercial directory, we are MS E-Business students ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom