Eee PC hacks - Truly amassing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
Eee PC hacks - Truly amassing!

Ok this guy has turned the Eee PC into something that any geek would like to own, he has added so much the the eee pc you would not believe how much he has done.
Eee PC hacks

EDIT
I would like to add that hardware hacking is a intrest of mine and rather than recking your regular laptop / hardware the eee PC is the ideal low cost sandbox for you to play in due to it's low cost if you mess up it's only £200 quid down the crapper and if you are lucky you can find a cheep one on ebay (I have seen them going for £70 but it takes some digging to find them that cheep).

woow they look pretty good i would love to try some of them out, like the bluetooth one but my laptop and desktop is already bluetooth enabled lol

Yea I am ordering a eee now just to try some of this stuff out on, i have been considering getting one for a week or so now but this has made me make my mind up. I will be trying this mod and more as soon as i get it. From what i can see this little comp is highly modable.

that is an understatement. We want to see pics when you do. I cant wait to see this. :D fun stuff

I sure will, I have already found the wireless card he used to add the draft N capability to it for under a 10er! And the bluetooth card he used i already have that was also cheep.

awesome. I love when people do this kind of stuff. Makes me want to go keep on with some of my projects (not nearly the same)

There are plenty of book's out there to get you started and load of guides on the web just do a little digging an you will find something that will intrest you. But if you can I would surgest getting your hands on a electronics kit or two to practice on first and look at the guides on instrucatbles (google it) on soldering as that is a hard skill to get right. Also if you need to practice on desoldering something get a old broken electronic toy or TV remote an try removing the components from that.

Any way I am looking on the links he gave at the bottom of the wiki i linked to an there are a few more mods i might try, such as adding a light to the system to use it in the dark.

There are plenty of book's out there to get you started and load of guides on the web just do a little digging an you will find something that will intrest you. But if you can I would surgest getting your hands on a electronics kit or two to practice on first and look at the guides on instrucatbles (google it) on soldering as that is a hard skill to get right. Also if you need to practice on desoldering something get a old broken electronic toy or TV remote an try removing the components from that.

Any way I am looking on the links he gave at the bottom of the wiki i linked to an there are a few more mods i might try, such as adding a light to the system to use it in the dark.

you should totally do a backlit keyboard. That would be awesome

Hmm the Asus eee pc or an ipod touch? That is the question. I want one of them but i'm not sure which one i want. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom