ok then 32 or 64 bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneblot

Baseband Member
I have just got a new computer and it has 4 GB of ram in it. So I was told I needed to get windows xp pro 64bit edition. So I went out and brought said os but now when I go to install my adobe CS3 Master CD it dose nothing also when I tried to install 3D Studio Max 2008 64 bit version the install kept failing. Please help. Cheers

Could it be that the applicaitons you are trying to run dont work on 64 Bit?

From Adobe's site:
Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (certified for 32-bit editions)

I do not see anywhere on there 64 Bit compatibility. That is the first issue.

Adobe - Error page

As for the failed install have you updated the system fully? What error code does it give?

it didnt give one it just tried to unpack the installer then just stops. Do I need to be running 64 bit or can I run 32 bit with 4 GB of RAM? But that still dosent give me a reason why my 3DSMax 64Bit edition didnt install?

I asked you why did it fail. It should have given you some kind of error code or a windows that you could get a detailed view from.

As for the 32 Bit 4GB fo RAM. No. 32 Bit can not handle 4 GB of RAM. This is a limit of the kernel. Only 3GB to 3.5GB will be recognized and utilized.

Thats the thing it dosent give me an error code it just stops. When I try to install photoshop CS2 on the other hand that come up with an error 1719. I had alook on the support.mircosoft.com but I dont understand still what the problem is.

hmm I've always used 64 bit operating systems and have never encountered any problems running CS3 or any version of Photoshop

I looked up the problem and it says that it could be cause Im trying to install in safe mode which Im not or that my windows installer which is not installed correctly. If thats the case how could I of installed the games I have on there or do they use their own installer? If so how do I fix the problem? I have used this CD in another computer to check it wasnt the CD worked fine.

Yer I have to update my MSI. I cant do that at the moment as I am not connected to the internet on that computer. But I have searched microsoft support for the update I think I have it not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom