Q6600, my turn XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey, updated BIOS and its working a Bit better. I can boot it at most speeds. Its 3.6 right now... But major stability issues. Prime95 crashes after 2 or 3 min.

Main question, does anything besides core voltage and loosening memory timings increase stability?

question 2, I have BIOS set at 1.5 volts, cpuz and everest are saying its 1.440 volts. why?

the prime95 stability is the same from 1.45 - 1.5 and I don't want to set it any higher than 1.5.

Q6600 B3
BIOS VCore 1.5 (1.44 cpuz/everest)
Memory timings 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2v - 2.00D - 1:1
FSB 400 x 9

Thanks for any input.

well i had my cpu volt at 1.55...you could keep try going higher, as long as your tmeps arent crazy hot.
just dont exceed 1.55.

hrm 1.525v lasted 10 min but the temps peaked at 56-65c. I've only got 2 of 4 fans running cause the controller still isnt working but thats still a bit warm methinks, isnt the B3 only rated for 62c? Guess i'll have to settle for 3.2 untill I can get the q9450.

hrm 1.525v lasted 10 min but the temps peaked at 56-65c. I've only got 2 of 4 fans running cause the controller still isnt working but thats still a bit warm methinks, isnt the B3 only rated for 62c? Guess i'll have to settle for 3.2 untill I can get the q9450.

i thought you had the g0 stepping.
mine has gone to 72 on load at 1.55, but thats when i stopped the test cos those temps arent good at all.
i gonna sort out some better airflow with my case.
try installing those fans without the controllers to atleast find out what tmeps you will be getting.

nah I got screwed with B3 lol. I wasn't expecting much anyway. was more of a hope for 3.6 XD oh and settign them up without the controller wouldnt make a difference because I still wouldnt be able to controll the speeds. I can hook them all up now runnign at 100% but its too loud so i'm only running 2. sounds like im running 2 or 3 microwaves.

I wouldn't mind 65C for 100% load because the only time you run 100% is with prime lol. but i thought I read the b3 is rated 9c lower than G0 and I dont wanna burn this out before I can get the new quads.

I say run it a little bit lower to make you feel better. I mean, the new quads are not far off. So you dont have to last all that long. Then you can sell that 6600 to someone.

yeah. i dropped voltage down to 1.45 and dropped it to 3.4 primes 30 min in and still goin strong. i can live with 3.4 for a while. I'll probably be able to knock a good chunk of voltage off if it runs stable here.

I have 1 question. What about FSB overvoltage and MCH overvoltage? should those not be touched?

For one thing you definately need to bump the voltage on the north bridge to get any stability at 400FSB.

For one thing you definately need to bump the voltage on the north bridge to get any stability at 400FSB.

I hate to kind of highjack this thread, but no reason to start a new one.

What is a good boundary for nb? like 1.5 is about boundary for and what is a good program for monitoring nb temps?

Thats a good question, i really need to start monitoring mine, as that seems to be the sore spot with nvidia chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom