Pci-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
its actually PCI-X not PCI-E

its nwer technology of PCI slots, with 16 times the data rate of PCI, and are made to replace the PCI slots, they will work on both AGP cards and other cards, as now one interface is being developed, that is PCi-X, rather thann as w have now, AGP and PCI slots

as PCI replaced EISA , and EISA replaced ISA, so PCI-X is replacing PCI.

got it?

these are longer in size.

sorry sorry, i did a mistake, this is actually PCI-E , as its name is, PCI-Express, so X was embeded in my mind.

yes, of course, its 16X (now as Black slot for AGP cards) and PCI-E normal for other cards.

hmm, well, motherboard with these are still in test, but the new chipset from intel, the 915 and 925 is made of that, and you can find Asus' new motherboards P5AD2 and P5GD2 on that.

again sorry for a littel confustion, make one self clear again.

I cant find a motherboard compatible anywhere if you could find a link to one that is amd socket 754 or 939 that would b great...

The chipsets on Athlon 64s supporting PCI-E will be awesome . They'll probably be released sometime this Fall . Some of the chipsets will support PCI-E and AGP so you can use AGP cards until PCI-E grapics cards make a notable difference in performance .

yes and AMD + nVidia = Intel's and ATi's FALL

the ones for graphic cards are called PCI-E X 16, and the ones for other cards are called PCI-E X 1

as PCI-E standard itself is faster than PCI, but the one for graphic card will have bandwidth of twice sa of AGP slot at 8X

Blind_Arrow said:
sorry sorry, i did a mistake, this is actually PCI-E , as its name is, PCI-Express, so X was embeded in my mind.

yes, of course, its 16X (now as Black slot for AGP cards) and PCI-E normal for other cards.

hmm, well, motherboard with these are still in test, but the new chipset from intel, the 915 and 925 is made of that, and you can find Asus' new motherboards P5AD2 and P5GD2 on that.

again sorry for a littel confustion, make one self clear again.

theyre already out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom