Downgrading Vista to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
you loading a vista driver for xp for one. give us a computer name or get the sata driver from the driver pack

edit. if it's an xp driver try this. MS seemed to messed this driver up

1. Delete the nonfunctional Intel AHCI & RAID Controller drivers from my Drivers list in SCCM
2. Extract the downloaded mass storage drivers to a temp directory
3. Edit the iaahci.inf file by changing the line that says Class=hdc to instead say Class=SCSIAdapter
4. Import the driver into SCCM, add to the appropriate driver package and update my DP
5. Edit my Apply Driver Package TS to select the appropriate AHCI driver

if it don't work here are all sata driver that are available now
All Sata Drivers

I have a toshiba satellite a205-s5804, and thanks im trying the edited portion of your post now

Alright changing the file to scsi caused the cd to recognize my hdd but obviously there had to be another problem.

I deleted my windows vista partition and now I currently have a 1gb partition that I didn't want to remove because it says Toshiba, and the rest is unpartitioned space. When I try to partition the drive I get an error saying,

Windows Vista Install CD said:
Setup was unable to format the partition. The disk may be damaged (Its not, vista ran fine)

Make sure the drive is switched on and properly connected to your computer. If the disk is a SCSI disk make sure your SCSI devices are properly terminated. Consult your computer manual or SCSI adapter documentation for more information.

You must select a different partition for Windows XP. to continue, press enter

Tried the drivers folder, and that didn't work either. So far the closest I have gotten has been with changing the driver to scsi and using nlite. I think I'm going to try and install the drivers manually one more time with the driver being scsi. If that doesn't work then I am fresh out of ideas

did you try the sata drivers from driver pack?

The final respone from ms:

Sorry for the delay in response.

It looks like we being too restrictive with what types of devices we show as boot critical drivers. We restricted the list to only SCSIAdapter drivers and it looks like we should be showing HDC drivers as well. You can fix by performing the below workaround, but we have considered fixing this in SCCM SP1.

To get the AHCI drivers in TS please do the following steps:

1. Edit the iaahci.inf file and change the line Class=hdc instead Class=SCSIAdapter.

2. Import the driver into SCCM driver node and add to the appropriate driver package and update the DP.

3. Edit my Apply Driver Package TS to select the appropriate AHCI driver under model

Here is a post on the Forums with a similar issue (Intel Matrix Storage driver Windows XP and STOP: 0x0000007B - TechNet Forums.

Please try the above steps and let me know the result.

did you try the sata drivers from driver pack?

The final respone from ms:

Sorry for the delay in response.

It looks like we being too restrictive with what types of devices we show as boot critical drivers. We restricted the list to only SCSIAdapter drivers and it looks like we should be showing HDC drivers as well. You can fix by performing the below workaround, but we have considered fixing this in SCCM SP1.

To get the AHCI drivers in TS please do the following steps:

1. Edit the iaahci.inf file and change the line Class=hdc instead Class=SCSIAdapter.

2. Import the driver into SCCM driver node and add to the appropriate driver package and update the DP.

3. Edit my Apply Driver Package TS to select the appropriate AHCI driver under model

Here is a post on the Forums with a similar issue (Intel Matrix Storage driver Windows XP and STOP: 0x0000007B - TechNet Forums.

Please try the above steps and let me know the result.

I finally got it, I didn't even have to change anything. For some reason it was loading a ton of files onto the cd when I tried to slipstream the regular driver but after trying all of the other drivers I went back to the unchanged one and it slipstreamed the right way. Then windows just loaded up.

Still trying to find all of the driver I need though lol. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom