need help with new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin90

Daemon Poster
ok so i found a guy that might want to buy my current build, if he goes through with it i will have $2000 US dollars spending limit. need help picking stuff out, i would like it to support the new 45nm intel cpu's but dont need one right now, i plan on gettin a q6600 agin because its godly. plan on getting the cooler master cm690 case agin. i would like the graphics card to be evga so i get the 90 day step up for the new 9800 when the come out.

i know you guys can work magic so please help. thanks in advance:)

edit: just need a tower, already have a keyboard mouse monitor...

well thats a pretty hefty budget and really depends on what your going to be using the computer for.. im assuming since your pretty interested in the 9800 you are a gamer ;)...

so here's a basic build off the top of my head...
q6600
x38
2gb or 4gb of ddr2-800 crucials
whatever hdd space you need
whatever case
dvd burners, etc
Tuniq tower 120 or Thermalright ultra 120
620W Corsair PSU
evga 8800gt 512/8800gts 512 (however im not exactly sure when the new 9800's are really gonna come out they say feb...)

ya thats pretty much what i had in mind. just wondering what x38 i should get, im kinda stuck between the abit quad, asus max form... also does anyone know if the intel made x38's are any good?

well i've heard a lot of good about both the abit and the asus...

there are a few members on the forums that own the maximus so and they've been highly recommending them to everyone trying to pick a x38... if you have any questions about them i'd wait to see what they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom