Vista already being replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to intel.com, your chip has 64 bit support. So... yes most people running Vista will have a 64 bit capable cpu with even more people having a 64 bit capable pc when Windows 7 comes out.

Mak's might, but 90+% of the P4's can't, nor can the AMD Athlons (socket A), not to mention any laptop CPU not made in the last 18 months or so...

The point basically is that the vast majority of people do not have 64 bit capability, and the vast majority of them will not upgrade between now and the release of 7. Yes, Vista comes in a 64 bit version, but very, very few use it, especially outside of the enthusist community.

Windows 7 will definitely come out in 64 bit, but it would be completely bone-headed of MS to make it exclusively 64 bit unless they want to shoot themselves in the other foot.

they should make it completely incompatible and 64bit...
but develop a 32bit emulation mode to work inside of the 64bits :D

Mak's might, but 90+% of the P4's can't, nor can the AMD Athlons (socket A), not to mention any laptop CPU not made in the last 18 months or so...

The point basically is that the vast majority of people do not have 64 bit capability, and the vast majority of them will not upgrade between now and the release of 7. Yes, Vista comes in a 64 bit version, but very, very few use it, especially outside of the enthusist community.

Windows 7 will definitely come out in 64 bit, but it would be completely bone-headed of MS to make it exclusively 64 bit unless they want to shoot themselves in the other foot.

My point is the vast majority of the people that would ever use Windows 7 will have 64 bit capability. Very few people use 32 bit it cause most people buy their computers pre-built from companies who only put on 32bit.

According to intel.com, your chip has 64 bit support. So... yes most people running Vista will have a 64 bit capable cpu with even more people having a 64 bit capable pc when Windows 7 comes out.

Actually no it does not have 64 Bit capabilities. It is a early version of the Prescott which is only 32 Bit. Believe me i know. I have tried to isntall 64 Bit and it is not compatible with my system. I have already gone thru my BIOS as well. So no i am not 64 Bit enabled. Yet again you jump the gun saying people will have 64 Bit CPU's.

The reason why they install 32 Bit. It works. Could you imagine what it would be like for a end user to get a new machine and try to get drivers for it just to find out that all the drivers they get dont work. Why cause htey download 32 Bit not realizing that they are 64 Bit.

As i have already said PC Enthusists are the fewest in numbers. Those who know and understand the difference between 32 Bit and 64 Bit. Then you have the ocmmon user who uses PC's for email, chats and stuff like that. Then comes the workers who need PC's for Office apps and Adobe and GFX and Movie things. That cover it. The common user does not know the difference between 32 Bit and 64 Bit. They do not understand that you need special drivers. They do not know that some applications are specifically for 64 Bit.

If you really want proof just go thru the Windows forum and search for all the threads that ask about the difference between 32 Bit and 64 Bit. Then search for those threads that are specifically about 64 BIt.

You will see that 32 Bit outnumbers 64 Bit at least 10 to 1. It isnt all because of the manufactuers like Dell and HP. It is because the common user doesnt NEED 64 bit. It is not needed and wasted on them. They would ont and will not fully use 32Bit let alone 64 BIt.

One thing people are forgetting is that 7 isn't coming out for another 2 years. A lot changes in 2 years. Considering how about every new computer now has 64-bit support, I think in 2 years from now there will be a lot more people who can run 64-bit.

Again. You fail to understand my point(and intel.com says you have em64T extensions by the way). Those people that you refer to will not be using Windows 7, and they most likely will not be using Vista either. And the reason it doesn't have enough support is because 32 bit OS's are still being produced.

And like forestcupp said, even more will be changing in two years. It makes NO sense why it should still be focused on.

I dont care what Intel.com says. My system and my CPU are not 64 Bit. To prove that to you as well i will insert my Vista 64 Bit DVD and show you the error message i get.

Yes in 2 years morw pwoplw will able to run 64 Bit. But again if you even read my post you will understand WHY 64 Bit still wont take over 32 Bit. The COMMON USER does not understand the difference. They do not understand how to operate 32 Bit let alone 64 Bit.

how to uninstall windows vista?
because i can't easily uninstall it..
hoping for your help guys.
thanks in advance...

I mean can you seriously see a user like this running 64 Bit when they dont even understand the basics of PC use? I dont mean to be harsh toward this user but this is the easiest example i can find in short time. I mean you want a user like this to operate and install Vista 64 Bit when they dont even understand how to remove a OS?

That is the common user. They are not ready for 64 Bit. the PC enthusists like you, forrestcupp, and me are ready and willing to run it. But basic users are no where near ready. They out number us at least 10 - 1 in PC usage. That is why 64 Bit will not take off. Even in 2 years.

Yes in 2 years morw pwoplw will able to run 64 Bit. But again if you even read my post you will understand WHY 64 Bit still wont take over 32 Bit. The COMMON USER does not understand the difference. They do not understand how to operate 32 Bit let alone 64 Bit.

They don't need to understand anything about it. They just need to eat what they are spoon-fed just like they are now. When Windows 95 switched the world from 16-bit to 32-bit, they didn't offer 16-bit versions of their OS, and millions of people didn't have a clue what 32-bit meant. They just ran what they were given and didn't need to know what it meant.

The point is that 64-bit should be streamlined. It shouldn't be hard like it is now, only for enthusiasts. It should become the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom