Decent parts, but slow load times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziniphrix

Solid State Member
Well, the computer I bought has some decent parts, I'd say(which I'll list my specs in a bit), but my load times for games and especially just booting in general is pretty slow. Everything runs perfect when loaded, it's just the sheer load times that bother me. For example, when you see the windows xp loading screen, that bar that goes back and forth does so about 10 times, yet my older brother's computer, which was built about 6-7 years ago, goes across 3 times. Everything has the latest updates, and I just can't figure out what's with the lag.

2gb DDR2 Patriot 667
Intel dualcore E6750
Asus P5KC motherboard
GeForce 8600GT 256mb
Seagate 300gb Sata

Besides updates, do you have the latest drivers for your stuff, like mobo (SATA, chipset, LAN/ethernet, etc) and GFX card?

Another thing to check is what all is loading up with Windows. Use MSCONFIG to see. If you don't know how to do that, Google it (I'm at work and don't have time to write it all out).

You didn't post your OS. I don't know if Bootvis works with Vista, but I would suggest it for XP.

Yeah, I have the latest drivers, and I am using Windows XP Home 32-bit. I have a small amount of load ups. I even did a fresh reinstall about a month ago, and even when my computer practically had nothing installed, it was still as slow as it is now.

Pretty much what I am guessing is i have a part that's not necessarily compatible with my mobo, but I don't know how I would find out if a part works well with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom