Upgrading for teh new games :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocer 939

In Runtime
So far this is what i have put together for my new upgrades comments suggestions appreciated :D

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Cpu: AMD Phenom 9500 Agena 2.2GHz
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 9500 Agena 2.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Ram: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Gfx: Msi 3870 512mb 256 bit
Newegg.com - MSI RX3870-T2D512E OC Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

Total: 668.97 usd
wanted to have a nice computer able to play all the new games and keep it under 700.00 usd

Whats your plan for PSU? HDD? Optical?

So far what you have looks great, although I would say save up for a 8800gt 512mb if you can. Also the phenom may be better swapped out for a core 2 dou or even a q6600, but that may be out of budget. I would recommend going with an AMD dual core and upgrading to quad once the bugs are sorted out and prices drop.

Check Ocer's join date. He is/was part of the AMD base of this forum, so probably wants to go back with what he already has. There is such a thing as brand loyalty.

Yes, Intel has the upper hand, but the Phenoms are not gerbage. The speed difference between the C2Qs and the Phenoms is pretty small, and not even noticable to the naked human eye.

That said, the list looks good. The above suggestions are good, as well. It boils down to what you want personally.

Well if he plans on overclocking then the Phenom is a terrible choice, and if he doesn't plan on overclocking then a dual core like the 6000+ would be a much better choice IMO.

2.2ghz is not enough for gaming today, regardless of the architecture really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom