Thinking about watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tuniq tower (for the short time i used it, ill be using it again today when my mobo gets here !) was awesomely cool...

I wouldnt go water cooling just yet...your rig will be fine with a nice air cooler... when u save up some money later on you can water cool :)

you can't even get a good pump for under $75 or a CPU block under $75.

a good watercooling kit is going to run you at least $250

you can't even get a good pump for under $75 or a CPU block under $75.

a good watercooling kit is going to run you at least $250

There are plenty of good cpu blocks under $75

as for pumps, yeah a good one will run you about $75

Petra's Tech Shop
Comes out to be about $65 or so shipped...

Petra's Tech Shop
$55 shipped

Petra's Tech Shop
This is what I use, again $55 shipped

Just because you decided to use the most expensive parts around does not make any of the blocks I posted bad, or even decent. They are all awesome blocks and perform with a degree or two of each other.

Petra's Tech Shop
And while it may not be a great kit, it uses the same block design as the apogee gtx and a ddc-2 pump and will handle most anything you throw at it
for 80 bucks less than the number you gave out.

water cooling is only worthwhile if you're gonna wc EVERYTHING... CPU, GPU, RAM, NB, HDD and that's expensive. Air cooling is about 80% as good and 1/5th the price. For that type of system air is definitely the way to go. You can get the TRUE for only $10 more than the tuniq at svc.com and if you can fit it in your case the TRUE would be the one to get. What case are you using?

^ Thats not true. Watercooling your RAM and drives is pretty pointless. I do agree though that if you are going to WC your CPU you might as well throw the GPU in the loop

I'll probably build a loop just for my CPU and NB.

I see no point in putting water on my GPU, i can't OC it anymore unless i volt mod it. So no point in that, plus it runs pretty dang cool to be a G80.

If I were going to do it I'd go with:
Laing D5 pump
MCR220 with some Yate Loons
EK NB block
EK or D-Tek CPU block
5.25" bay reservoir
1/2" tubing

I see no point in putting water on my GPU, i can't OC it anymore unless i volt mod it. So no point in that, plus it runs pretty dang cool to be a G80.

How about silence...?

Stock air coolers are loud, inefficient, and comparably performing heatsinks are huge and take up several slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom