$20 PayPal to whoever solves my OverClocking problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! The stupidest mistake... I figured since I purchased my board in late November the new Bios that was released October 2nd should be on my board. I guess I was wrong. I loaded the new BIOS and as easy as that. I'll post some results in a bit!

lol trying to oc a quad on the 680i

and to mgcook, 125 mhz on pci-e can be harmful to your computer

i can boot mine up at 475FSB, and it will run for normal applications. I run it through 3dmark at 4.0Ghz and use it daily at 3.2Ghz.

don't say remarks like that unless you have actual EXPERIENCE..

kthx

i can boot mine up at 475FSB, and it will run for normal applications. I run it through 3dmark at 4.0Ghz and use it daily at 3.2Ghz.

don't say remarks like that unless you have actual EXPERIENCE..

kthx

4.0ghz for q6600 is garbage, get to 4.4 and we'll talk

Yeah, I made it to 3.375 Ghz without changing anything but FSB. I then upped to 3.6 Ghz. I set the volts to about 1.35 and it crashed in about 30 minutes of prime. The volts are now set in my bios at around 1.38v. So far it's been good for about an hour. Temps are around 45-52 degrees sometimes it spikes to 57. Heres a screen shot. Am I using prime right? It kicked on when I loaded it so I left it. It ran the self test fine before it BSOD on 1.35.

EDIT: Also is it dumb for me to use the computer during prime? Just the internet?

Double EDIT: I had my CPU Fan turned all the way up. (Tuniq cooler comes with a little nozzle to hook up to the back. Low to high) When I turned it down my temps raised about an average 8 degrees.

check task manager to see if all 4 cores are being used at 100%.
and it should be fine if your using the internet while stress testing.
and my tuniqs nozzle is set to tmax to although in my bios its set on auto, so when the cpu is being used at full throttle it gets loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom