$20 PayPal to whoever solves my OverClocking problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They average around 34-42 degrees at 2.8Ghz.

I put this in. Right after the boot menu I get a BSOD and it restarts. I first tried 1280 and got the BSOD. Next 1400 and it made it partially into the "Microsoft Corporation" with the loading bar, but then it reset. I then tried 1500 and it did the same as 1400, but froze at the loading bar. Sometimes it froze right when I turned it on. It only displayed the first 4 lines or so. Next I tried 1600. It Froze at verifying DMI pool data. Next boot I got a BSOD. And to back track a little I next tried 1300. It did as the 1400 FSB did.

First off my SPP only goes up to 1.55v. I set all the frequencies except for HT is set to 224. (Goes by 2's) At 1450 FSB (3.2 Ghz) This looked like it almost passed the loading bar after boot menu, but then it reset. I then tried 1280 FSB leaving everything else where it was and I got a BSOD. After that I tried 1350. It made it into the loading bar but quickly reset. Finally I tried 1400 and received the same results as 1350.

I set everything back to default and changed the muti to x8. I also set my ram back up. I changed the FSB to 1350 (Which is only 2.7Ghz) At 1350 it reset during the loading bar. I then tried 1375. Same thing happened as the 1350. Finally I tried 1400 and once again it rebooted at the loading bar.

Does this mean on x9 multiplier I won't be able to run anywhere in between 1350 and 1400? What does this mean for me?

Yep, it's a G0.

The point of this experiment is to try for external front side buses greater than 1244 Mhz, that being said, I ask you to set the Multi to 8 and then the Freq to anything higher (And I am changing it now) than 312, if you cannot Boot/POST at anything higher than external front side buses of 1244 Mhz than it is very likely for whatever reason that your motherboard has a(n) front side bus wall here, and the only solution is to flash the BIOS and if that doesn't work, new and different motherboard. That and if you also have tried everything else suggested in this thread...

You could however try to RMA it, if there is a wall, but they will probably say theres nothing wrong with it when they test thier CPU's at Stock..

The external front side bus when the CPU is at stock is only 1066.64 Mhz ish..

First off my SPP only goes up to 1.55v. I set all the frequencies except for HT is set to 224. (Goes by 2's) At 1450 FSB (3.2 Ghz) This looked like it almost passed the loading bar after boot menu, but then it reset. I then tried 1280 FSB leaving everything else where it was and I got a BSOD. After that I tried 1350. It made it into the loading bar but quickly reset. Finally I tried 1400 and received the same results as 1350.

what voltage are you giving your CPU?

One more thing: what heatsink?
120MM Tuniq

The point of this experiment is to try for external front side buses greater than 1244 Mhz, that being said, I ask you to set the Multi to 8 and then the Freq to anything higher (And I am changing it now) than 312, if you cannot Boot/POST at anything higher than external front side buses of 1244 Mhz than it is very likely for whatever reason that your motherboard has a(n) front side bus wall here, and the only solution is to flash the BIOS and if that doesn't work, new and different motherboard. That and if you also have tried everything else suggested in this thread...

You could however try to RMA it, if there is a wall, but they will probably say theres nothing wrong with it when they test thier CPU's at Stock..

The external front side bus when the CPU is at stock is only 1066.64 Mhz ish..

Alright well I ran it at 1312 and got a BSOD. Next I tried 1325 and got another BSOD. Finally I tried 1335 and it froze during the loading bar. I tried 1312 twice more and both times got, on a black screen, "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." I then tried 1318 and it reset at the loading bar. Is this all bad news? That really suck if I have a bad mobo...

what voltage are you giving your CPU?
I used 1.2375 for the volts as you used.

lol trying to oc a quad on the 680i

and to mgcook, 125 mhz on pci-e can be harmful to your computer

this is distracting me from my physics so

reset to fail-safe defaults
disable c1e function/cpu thermal/speedstep
set your ram to unlinked
ram voltage to 2.2v
ram timings to 5-5-5-15
cpu multi to 8x
fsb to 455 or 1820 however you want to look at it
cpu voltage to 1.5v
every other voltage NOT mentioned raise by 1 notch
pci-e freq to 105mhz
set harddrive as first boot and disable rest
turn off drive A if not in used
disable lpt and com ports not in use

and if you are really desperate then just disable 2 to 3 cores and get 3.6ghz on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom