Q6600 Overclocked to 2.8GHz on base Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you set it to 2T timings?, skip right to like 1400 FSB, you might have a hole in the mobo. I honestly never tried much other than 3.6ghz and higher on mine.

Yep it's on 2T. I just set it to

1400 FSB
9x
linked
CPU Core - 1.5v
CPU FSB - Auto (1.4v)
Memory - 2.0v
SPP - 1.4v
MCP - 1.5v
HT - 1.35v

When I put 1550 FSB I got "Warning! Now System is in Safe Mode. Please reset CPU or Memory Frequency in the CMOS setup" The FSB is the only thing I changed. 1500 however did not present this error but still rebooted right away.

EDIT: To let you know the 1250 that worked for 2.8Ghz was the only thing I changed. Everything else was on Auto. I changed other settings because I figured I might need to for 1400FSB. 1270 booted for the first time! I'm going to try to up it more.

RE-Edit: Second boot up with 1270 failed...

Aw guys come on now. Yes I had 64bit. The reason i bought the 8 gigs was because I bought it all in a pack. I'm down to 4 gigs right now trying to get this to overclock.

OOOOOOOOOO, i think i see the problem. Check the memory speed. You have it set to linked. Is it set to 1:1 or do you have it set to synchronous. Make sure the memory isnt being massively overclocked due to the linked settings.

If possible take a picture of the bios screen that shows your memory/fsb/cpu settings. I want to check something.

Buzzed for 5 seconds

Alright when I pressed F10 to save it rebooted and the first thing that happend was the PC buzzed for 5 seconds. It then booted to the screen that gives me the Warning! Now System is in Safe.... error. Pres DEL to enter setup.... etc..

I have a 120 tuniq cooler, 3 120mm side fans, top, front, and back fan. Also yes it's a G0. Here's what I set it as in detail...

FSB - Memory Clock Mode - [Linked]
FSB - Memory Ration - [Auto]
FSB (QDR), MHz - [1600]
Memory Timing Setting - 5-5-5-15 [2T]
CPU Core - [1.45v] (Current value shows 1.40v... It's always .05 lower)
CPU FSB - [Auto]
Memory - [2.0v]
nForce SPP - [1.5v]
nForce MCP - [1.55v]
HT nForce SPP <-> MCP - [1.45v]

I wasn't sure exactly what you were saying. I upped the bottom 3 two notches and set the rest as you said. Did you mean two notches from default or what I previously set? Also man, thanks a bunch. I've been working on this all last night and today and I've gotten no where. Thanks for helping.

EDIT:
nForce SPP - [1.30v]
nForce MCP - [1.55v]
HT nForce SPP <-> MCP - [1.30v]

This also gave me the loud beeping and warning error. I'm pretty sure the 1600FSB is causing the beep.

Set your memory clock mode to un*linked.

Alright, I read that I was supposed to use it so I always did. Did this, the beep and warning error were gone. When I went to boot it went from the bios screen (Press DEL to enter setup screen) to a BSOD and flashed away quickly into a reboot.

^^ What he said, you need it to be unlinked. See the intel overclocking thread and try the same settings I have. You're overclocking your memory too far and its causing it not to boot. As far as why you couldn't get 1333 on stock voltage, it's probably because the VID of your chip is high. I couldn't get it either and my VID is 1.3125. The guys that could do it have lower VID's. Run CoreTemp to see what yours is.

edit: just read your response - you have to set it to unlinked and manually set the memory speed to whatever the rated speed of your RAM is. 800 or 1066 or whatever it is.

Linked and auto is like 3:2 and i bet your memory is set way too high. I'll try to take a picture of my bios when i get home so you can see what mine is set at.

Fear the lowest VID on the forums. 1.2 baybay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom