Nvidia VS ATI

Do you understand, or are you concerned about Global Warming?

• (10-35 yrs) Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (10-35 yrs) No

• (35+ yrs) Yes

• (35+ yrs) No

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
they're both excellent cards; I prefer the X800 as it looks better (good if you have a window in your case) and it performs better with the options turned up high

I would say get the 6800Ultra coz as some people have already said it has Pixel shader 3 which improves picture quality. the X800XT would give you better framerates but the 6800Ultra would give slightly lower framerates but better image quality, but the framerate would still be high, its not as if it will run at 10fps and the X800XT will run at 80.

that is true... I mean 6800 will still be a good card, and I have seen the pics of farcry with this card and HOLY CRAP WOW!!! My computer does not do the game justice, infact no computer I have seen it on has done it justice... ATI X800 maybe a faster overall... but I have had a low performance computer always having to turn down stuff... I WANT MY GRAPHICS TO LOOK AWESOME BABY! still a tought choice... I will def still have a think.. since all the cards are back ordered!!!

Go with the 6800ultra its like a 2 fps difference lol and i have heard people having alot of problems with the x800s.. but you cant go wrong with either card both are absolutely amazing and you will get a big bang for your buck with either of them..

If ATI scores better in benchmark tests but still has PS2.0 (which looks slightly better than PS3.0 because PS3.0 is about improving performance) Wouldnt that make ATI better?

you don't even need to get an Ultra, the GT runs the game fine with everything at max. i haven't getten one lag spike this would save you a few bucks

Its a though choice. But go to guru games.com and check out the ati x800 forums and see for yourself... The nvidia pics are much purdier than the ati pics for farcry. My conclusion is that nvidia having to show more graphics naturally will have a lower framerate than ati.. and what people are saying when you turn down the graphics i.e. it scores the same as ati... hmmm wouldnt that make sense... yea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom