CPU Processor Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

flgirl

In Runtime
I just bought a new laptop,,,, 3.06ghz, 512 ram, 400 front side bus, 60 gig hard drive, running windows xp home.... I did a cpu test speed on it and the test came out to 2661 now if I am thinking right that would mean it is running at really about 2.6 ghz is that correct ???? and is that normal????? Or should I be getting a higher number like in the 2900's or something? Sorry this is all new to me and the only way to learn is to ask.
Thanks for any help

Can u pls specify your system specs such as intel or AMD?
But if 3.06Ghz, is should be P4. What cpu test did u did?
Try use CPUZ n see.

downloaded here

well, the thing is my dear, this CPUncloeck works in such way, that the front side bus (FSB) is multiplied with clock multiplier.

so, it is happenign that the 3.06 actually comes with the 533 FSB, so the multiplier will be around 3060/133 (533 as P-4 is Quad Pumped) = 23

while ur motherboard seems like supporting 400FSB only (means 100 quad pumped), making it multiplier of 26.61 (26.61*100 = 2661)

your CPU is OK to have 3060, and it will as well show up on BOOT, but as Motherboard supports 400FSB, so it makes it 2661, actually decreasing the CPU speed.

can u get the laptop replaced?? as you should be getting if not exactlly 3060 then in the range of 3058 - 3062 as CPU speed

So Sorry it is a P4 and it does have the 533 FSB not the 400 I was using CPUindex for the test.
And does it matter on what is all installed in the computer and what is running in msconfig? I have just Norton running and the icon which shows the internet connection for the wireless
didi I dont know which one to dl there are so many different versions

what? hmm OK
software doesnt interfere with hardware
no matter u r running 20,000 applications and see the CPU speed, it will show whats inside.

can u do another thing? this will tell exact results,

infact two things

first easy one:

go to: START > PROGRAMS > ACCESORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM INFORMATION

there u'll find written processor, tell me what it says (except HELLO) ;)

and let me know whats it showing
i'll tell u second one after that

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TOSHIBA
System Manufacturer TOSHIBA
System Model Satellite A75
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3066 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3066 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA V1.10, 5/28/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.31
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.1240 (xpsp2.030618-0119)"
User Name TOSHIBA
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 144.60 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.47 GB
Available Virtual Memory 993.34 MB
Page File Space 1.03 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

ok, what u have to do is:

click START > RUN

and in run Box, write this command

dxdiag (no spaces, no dashes, this is called DIrectX Diagniosis)

and hit OK or press enter, it'll then open another dialogue box, with header, Dx Diagnoisis.

on very first page, you'll see some of your system informatin, and on Processor you'll see processor name and speed and as well inbracket (2CPUS) as its HT Processor.

lemme know as if its shows 3060 (2 CPU)

arrows prolly got this rapped up in a few, but i thought id mention incase its relivant...

is the laptop running on batter or do u have it plugged in to the ac power cored? u may already know, but laptops run ona lower cpu speed wen it running on battery. it runs at full speed plugged into the ac power outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom