Motherboard for OCing the e8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
I was looking at two different boards,
Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
or the eVGA 780i board
The 780i is 120bucks more after rebate, so that is the main reason I am looking at the abit, but how well will it support the e8400? Anyone have any other boards they suggest for this processor.

Will pci-e 2.0 matter for the 9800 GX2? will I lose speed if i dont have one?

Thanks.
SLI doesnt matter to me, if I get the 780i I might not even use it for SLI. I have not decided.
Thanks

get the IP35 Pro over the 780i (nVidia chipsets ftl) it'll work as long as the boards support 1333fsb (and all p35 boards do)

the PCI-e Cards don't even use their full bandwidth so you shouldn't care about the slot type

I dont know why everyone hates the nVidia chipset boards i have a 680i striker extreme and its been wonderful haveing it i wouldint get anything else and you can always go sli if you want to.

I dont know why everyone hates the nVidia chipset boards i have a 680i striker extreme and its been wonderful haveing it i wouldint get anything else and you can always go sli if you want to.

nvda boards cant clock as high

ok cool, I am looking at that x38 now. I think I can bring myself to spend an extra 50 $

230 is a lot more than 150... ( I was looking at mir) maybe I can get someone else to help pay me for this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom