Vista 32-bit and 4GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
First off, I apologize because I believe it was this forum I found this in. I did a somewhat extensive search in attempting to find whether or not the 32 bit version of Vista supported 4GB of RAM or not. I want to say I remember reading it here, and I just wanted clarification because I'm considering upgrading to 2GB more RAM and getting and staying with Vista from here on out to get DX10.

Cliff Notes:
Does Vista 32-bit support 4GB+ RAM?

Well that's what I thought too, but I think those limits only apply to Windows XP. There is some, like "supersite" I think they had the maximum listed in a table and I think it said 16GB for Vista 32-bit. I could be wrong or I read the table wrong, but you can see how this peaked my interest.

I believe the 2 lowest versions of Vista support up to 16gb and the higher versions support 128gb but you have to have 64bit version to get past 3.x gb.

Well that's what I thought too, but I think those limits only apply to Windows XP. There is some, like "supersite" I think they had the maximum listed in a table and I think it said 16GB for Vista 32-bit. I could be wrong or I read the table wrong, but you can see how this peaked my interest.

I believe thats right: Paul Thurott's super site said that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom