USB stick? What brand is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're just storing files its not a big deal.

If you're running portable apps it can be.

The quality of the flash drive ranges from ~5,000 writes to ~100,000 writes before it goes out. If you're using portable apps that doesn't last nearly as long, and also speed is important.

I wouldn't reccomend a brand so much as you should look for some reviews of some good ones online...as I don't know much about which ones are best.

I've used a Corsair 4Gb for some time now. Lost the cap twice. It got sucked up into the vacuum cleaner and bent the connector but it is STILL working. Losing the caps is a pain in the caboose but, you can always use some thing else to cover it up. I use the plastic endcaps from colonoscopes.:eek:

Sandisk and Lexar were good for me. I've used Patriot and Corsair before but because of that cheap rubberized exterior the usb port would snap off or lose the connection. Durability and speed are really the two most important factors, brand isn't usually such a big deal in and of itself.

a few words of advice, DON"T EVER CHEAP OUT on a usb drive. I bought a dane-elec Zmate 4GB drive for 35 bucks CAD and it heated up real bad at school and started smoking then quit.

Wow. That's bad.

I usually buy cheap and haven't had a bad experience. :D

Microcenter has their own brand and they have an 8gb for $30 USD. I was up there recently. I actually got a 2gb one for free because I had a coupon they sent out to their mailing list.

If you're just storing files its not a big deal.

If you're running portable apps it can be.

The quality of the flash drive ranges from ~5,000 writes to ~100,000 writes before it goes out. If you're using portable apps that doesn't last nearly as long, and also speed is important.

I wouldn't reccomend a brand so much as you should look for some reviews of some good ones online...as I don't know much about which ones are best.

storing files is big deal, because brand name manufacturers use better quality chips which improves the red/write speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom