Following the link for
bios:
Silicon Image - Support | Search Results
drivers:
Silicon Image - Support | Search Results

the only update for BIOS and drivers that I could find is one and the same:

"BIOS
Video
GF6100_8133_XP64.EXE GeForce 6100 graphics driver 81.33 WinXP64 35,609KB 12-15-05"

"Drivers
Video
GF6100_8133_XP64.EXE
GeForce 6100 graphics driver 81.33 WinXP64 35,609KB 12-15-05"

at Biostar USA

Please let me know if I'm wrong. I've downloaded the file but I haven't installed it yet.

I checked out how to install it at a site that gives great instructions so I'm sure I can do it. Biostar USA

"BIOS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . How do I update my BIOS?"

So far, springtime 2007, I updated
- CU51M607.BST - Biostar
- Biostar TForce 6100-939 Chipset
- Biostar TForce 6100-939 On-Board VGA
- Nvidia - 93.71_forceware_winxp64_english_whql

Yes, it is the same thing. Both terms are used interchangeably. Unfortunately, this can cause confusion on the part of the non-geek.

We honestly don't realize that we do stuff like that. Sorry.

Uh-oh . . . it looks like I'm on my way to becoming a geek since the thought was in my mind and I questioned it. Oh well . . . I'd rather be a geek than a jerk :)

I just tried to install the Norco updates. When I clicked on the zipped file, there was no .exe file. I clicked on the other filed but nothing happened. What should happen and how do I do it?

If it is a .zip or .rar file you need to extract the package with WinRar or Winzip to get the files out of there to use.

The Norco file is on my desktop. I clicked to unzip it and it unzipped, as I said, but I didn't mention WinZip, which opened it, but there is no .exe file or any other file inside of it that will do anything. They call it a "SATALink." The SATA card is installed and working. Where am I to place the files to use?

I also updated my chipset and VGA.

AND!

I successfully flashed my BIOS . . . oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah!

Well if they are installed and working then you dont have anything to worry about with these files. If anything you might be able to go into the Device Maanger and try to force install them. Click on the SATA Controller Driver and lead the Device Manager to that folder on your desktop and see if it updates the drivers.

When I tried to lead Device Manager to the folder on my desktop, I received a message that said "Installing this device is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware. If the driver is not compatible, your hardware will not work correctly and your computer might become unstaled or stop working completely. Do you want to continue installing this driver?"

I think I'll leave it as it is for now and try to find an updated driver in 6 months or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom