Another Gaming Build--Need Help/Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
780i is Bull Spit honestly, its horrible for the price, its just an upgraded 680i, IMO not worth it, x38 ftw

780i is Bull Spit honestly, its horrible for the price, its just an upgraded 680i, IMO not worth it, x38 ftw

hey vern, whats so good about these x38 chips when compared with the p35 chipsets. I do know its got 2.0(something)..but for such a price increase, is it really worth it?

honestly no, but he said he doesn't mind an expensive board, and I really like the Maximus Formula over the 780i, but I still love the Abit IP35 Pro :D

I think I am pretty set on the asus maximus formula but was wondering are the OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 a good choice for ram? or is there a better set?

are you gonna go sli?
if you want 4gb, you need a 64bit os to use it.
and do you really need 4gb?

I do do a little video editing so i was thinking about it and the price seemed right. Now when you say I am going to need a 64 bit os do you mean for it to see over 3.5 gb or for the computer to turn on and function? I read somewhere vista still uses the .5 gb but it just doesn't show which was fine with me.

Also is the Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm Case Fan a good choice for the Thermalright Ultra-120? also on newegg i don't see the Thermalright Ultra-120extreme being listed, am i missing it or do I have the right Thermalright Ultra-120?

You're right, its the extreme you want, and I dont think that is the one. You'll know it, as it has more heatpipes (6 rather than 4, I think).

The scythe is a good choice.

well since new egg doesn't seem to have the thermalright ultra 120 extreme, which is better ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED or Thermaltake CL-P0114 120mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom