Q6600 Overclocked to 2.8GHz on base Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
im just looking over your sig...you got 8 gigs????what for!!!
well i wish i could help but i dont know much about your mobo.
all i did was raise the clock freq little by little..and if it didnt boot or cause errors when stress testing, i would raise the cpu volt(ive gone as high at 1.55(wouldnt recommend for daily use).
you could also try loosening your ram timings to 5 5 5 15.
if you really have 8 gigs and im guessing you have 4X2gb sticks, just try the 2gigs.

Yeah, when ever I change the memory volts to above 2.00 I get a Warning starting in safe mode. Not a clue why... As for slowly upping the volts with upping the clock freq that hasn't worked either. I'm stuck at 2.8Ghz. If I go any higher it reboots. If I up the volts all the way to 1.5v it still won't boot at 1270. (I obviously went up slowly)

On another note I found my q6600 can run at 2.8Ghz on 1.13 volts ha.

I'm just clueless on why I can't get anywhere from 2.8 :\

you still havent said if you loosened up your timings. You only said you upped the voltage. Did you change the RAM timings?

you still havent said if you loosened up your timings. You only said you upped the voltage. Did you change the RAM timings?

Yeah I moved them to 5-5-5-15 and Auto 1T.

I have the Memory Ration on Sync Mode too. (tried auto and had same problem)

EDIT: Now the timming has Auto 2T. Not sure why the change except for me moving back to AUTO instead of Sync mode.

Set your memory to 2T, i think thats where the problem is coming from. The 680i's dont really like to run 1T.

Oh crap dude, you are using 4 sticks and trying to run 1t? Yes that is definately the problem. Drop down to 2 sticks and 2T and i bet you can get higher than 2.8. The nvidia chipset has one of the most craptacular memory controllers around, which is why i'm only running 2x1 instead of 4x1 memory right now.

Set your memory to 2T, i think thats where the problem is coming from. The 680i's dont really like to run 1T.

Oh crap dude, you are using 4 sticks and trying to run 1t? Yes that is definately the problem. Drop down to 2 sticks and 2T and i bet you can get higher than 2.8. The nvidia chipset has one of the most craptacular memory controllers around, which is why i'm only running 2x1 instead of 4x1 memory right now.

I see, so far the only thing I haven't done that I've read and you've mentioned is removing a couple sticks. They're 2 gig sticks GeIL 1066 (PC2 8500). It feels like such a waste to take out 2 haha. Well if I'm going to try taking them out, does it matter which two I pull? There's 2 black and 2 white slots. I figured I'd keep both of one of the colors for dual channel.

EDIT: Pulled the black and left the blue. About to test it now.

Well I pulled 2 sticks so I have 2 2gb sticks left. I booted it at 1270 with no luck. I changed the timmings to 5-5-5-15 and it made it to my desktop for about 2 seconds and then reboot. Any other ideas? :-\

Did you set it to 2T timings?, skip right to like 1400 FSB, you might have a hole in the mobo. I honestly never tried much other than 3.6ghz and higher on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom