What Can I Overclock My AMD Athlon XP 3000+ to That Will Be Stable...and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OIDanTheManIO said:
how i upgrade bios, i heard thats a hard process, i already tried to do it once

There are instructions at your motherboard manufacturer's web site. But basicall you download the bios, unzip it to a bootble disk, preferably a win98 boot disk, then reboot your computer with the bootable disk. Then you activate the bios flasher.

But you should check the instructions at your motherboard's manufacturer website.

OIDanTheManIO said:
now how would i overclock it tho, i mean like changing CORE VOLTAGES and stuff, im just not sure

Well if you don't know that much, you need to do some research.

Doesn't really matter as long as you apply it correctly. Its just a matter of personal preference IMHO.

o ok well let me ask u this, what site did u go to to learn how to overclock properly, i really want to run this thing at 3.0ghz, would that we possible at all?

o ok well let me ask u this, what site did u go to to learn how to overclock properly, i really want to run this thing at 3.0ghz, would that we possible at all?

Maybe with watercooling rig with liquid nitrogen running through it. :laughing:

I've been into computers for a long time. I'm only new here. Saying that, I haven't learned what I know from one place. This is accumulated knowledge. But I have learned much from here and other forums. Most notably the MSI forum (my motherboard manufacturer) and the amd forum.

Your manufacturer should have a forum. Go check it. Then look though AMD's forums. Lots of info. You might need glasses if you don't have them already when you finish reading. :tired:

Aggdaddy said:
Maybe with watercooling rig with liquid nitrogen running through it. :laughing:

I've been into computers for a long time. I'm only new here. Saying that, I haven't learned what I know from one place. This is accumulated knowledge. But I have learned much from here and other forums. Most notably the MSI forum (my motherboard manufacturer) and the amd forum.

Your manufacturer should have a forum. Go check it. Then look though AMD's forums. Lots of info. You might need glasses if you don't have them already when you finish reading. :tired:

i dont think anyones gotten thier amd to 3.0
umm i hope ur willing to spend alot of money
ull need faster ram to get ur fsb higher
pc 4000/4200/4400 - about 120-200 (512)
I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt u will get ur computer to 3.0 ever.
and water cooling will run u back abit
i hope you have a good mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom