Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

9tfrizzco

Baseband Member
How do you guys rate this processer?

How does it compare to an E6600? (I don't really understand why it's cheaper, lol)

well, its a great processor. It comes at 2.66gz and can be overclocked quite well... however the e8400's are on newegg as of like, yesterday, so that would be the route to go.

its only like 30ish bucks mroe (not sure what the e6750 is at now b/c of the new releases).

but anyways, the new 8400's are made with the 45nm technology and not the 65 that the 6750 and 6600 are using. This usually translates to higher speeds :)

the 8400 comes 3.0ghz stock, and though i dont know of any1 that has it yet, i can imiagine giving the performance of the other intel chips that this will OC amazingly well.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to run an E8400, I'm running an E4500 at the moment, does this mean I should be able to run any dual core processers?

like by Dell or HP or Gateway?

or by somebody like Cyberpower PC or IBUYPOWER

the e6600 is pricier because they were b2 steppings, which are older and more expensive to make, but nobody really looks at those anymore

but the e6750 requires a board that supports 1333fsb Processors (most Socket 775 boards do, check before you buy one)

like by Dell or HP or Gateway?

or by somebody like Cyberpower PC or IBUYPOWER

the e6600 is pricier because they were b2 steppings, which are older and more expensive to make, but nobody really looks at those anymore

but the e6750 requires a board that supports 1333fsb Processors (most Socket 775 boards do, check before you buy one)

Thanks for the reply. It's by Acer.

1333fsb, that's the same for the 8400 right?(which I'm probably more likely to get now)

How do I check, is there any software I can use or anything? I've tried typing the name of the mobo into google but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom